A Weird Dream

...

The opera epiclesis overflowed with attendees. Furina forced a smile, hands on her hips, releasing a laugh. The stage lights, however, began to give her a headache. It was a close call. If she hadn't known that information, everyone would've pieced it all together by now but she had won the case and nothing else really mattered at the moment.

"Suspecting a god's judgment is nothing but a foolish move," she declared. From a distance, she observed Neuvillete's small frown and sigh, concluding the trial.

"Who would have known..." exclaimed a shocked civilian.

"It felt a little off, but maybe she was right," another pondered. A weight lifted off Furina's shoulders, and she walked away. Who cared about Neuvillete's thoughts? It didn't matter at all.

But.. if only she could convince herself that none of it mattered. Centuries had passed, and she still didn't know how to stop the prophecy. How long did she have to endure?

Shaking her head, she walked towards the city. A genuine smile appeared as a black stray cat approached, twirling around her feet. Furina giggled, grabbing the cat.

"Missed me, huh?" she whispered sweetly, hugging the cat. It meowed in response, trying to escape her tight grasp. Furina struggled to keep the cat still, but gave up eventually.

"Oh, alright, okay. You made your point," she said, placing the cat down and offering a treat. "You always do this. I'm starting to think you don't actually love me," she pouted, her last sentence stinging more than expected.

"She's definitely a hypocrite. Do you seriously believe what she said?" a shopkeeper commented from a distance. Furina chose to remain silent.

"I mean, kinda? It was reasonable enough," another replied.

"Reasonable? You've got to be kidding me. She had no clue what she was doing. Even Neuvillete was suspecting her actions."

Tears welled in her eyes, but the cat's meow and affectionate licks brought her back to reality.

"She is a terrible archon,  I'd rather go back to Inazuma than deal with her obnoxious behavior constantly."

"Well...she is a bit childish I will give you that.."

She forced a smile, and left the scene before anyone took notice of her presence.

The emotional turmoil it takes to fool people was just so exhausting. Each and single day, it felt impossible to continue. She decides to skip dinner and hop on her bed with her baby blue PJs. It seems like no matter what she did, they were people still doubting her.

It all felt like she was in a cage, and she couldn't do anything but to keep going.
Even suicide didnt felt like an option.
It was selfish, so selfish of her to even consider it as an option...
No, she wouldn't feel this way if her people were to believe her, why was it so hard to earn her people's trust?
Did Neuvillete ever trust her?

A thought slipped by, Furina turned over, feeling a lump form in her throat. A sudden realization hits her.

Was anyone really on her side?

Tears dripped down from the corner of her eyes. She tried to focus on her breathing.

She had to keep going. Just another day. She had to save her people, even if they didn't believe in her.

Furina closed her eyes, slowly dozing off to sleep.

"It must have been difficult...." a distant voice she made out. Suddenly a warm light flashes before her. Furina flinched, startled as she felt the hard wood beneath her. She held out her hand high to stop the light hitting her eyes.