Chapter 0.8: Prologue: Chainsawman

2015. 07:30am. Rural outskirts of Hokkaido Japan.

(3rd person p.o.v)

        Peeking above a log onto the deeper parts of the forest, A teenage boy carefully jumps over his cover and as quietly as he can makes a mad dash behind tree cover to tree cover. The teenage boy is wearing a camo green long coat, white t-shirt, black pants, And white shoes. A belt was strapped across his torso stuffed with equipment with a wrapped mysteriously shaped object hanging behind his back.

His breaths were quick and shallow as to make as little noise as possible, to the pleas of his fatigued lungs, which were begging for air. The boy however didn't budge, his 'job' didn't, so he couldn't afford to either.

Parting aside a bush. Finally, the Teenage boys dull tired expression lifted as he spotted something just ahead of him, A Yezo Sika Deer, And It was badly injured, mauled at the legs slowly, bleeding out. This massively boosted the  young boys morale and energy as he quietly celebrated.

Teenage boy: Alright!

Quickly pulling a knife from his belt quietly, the teenager manage to worm his way to the Yezo Sika Deer without alerting it of him, I suppose the deer was too busy fighting to take each breath after breath to really Pay too much attention to its surroundings. Swiftly, he charge and knock down the dee causing a small struggle to ensued, with it as quickly as it started, ended.

Teenage boy: Shh, You don't have to struggle anymore. It's okay.

Quickly letting up, the wounded animal slowly obeyed the soft gesture to lay down to the cold ground fresh with morning dew. it's eye never once leaving the boys, weirdly it didn't try to struggle again, it looked like it just wanted to... rest. And so he delivered. With one swift action, he quickly dispatched the animal, trying to minimize the pain as much as he could.

He stayed there for a few moments. As he finally allowed himself to desperately gasp for air, the fatigue easing little by little with each breath.

The teenagers name was Denji Ikari, he had dirty scruffy blonde hair, no doubt from the time he has spent in the woods. Hunting game to make a living, His baggy eyes fashioning golden brown colored eyes, struggling just to keep them open.

Teenage boy: *Huff* *Puff*O-kay Time to head home.

He didn't have much longer to rest however as all of a sudden, with a growl. A giant Brown bear leaped from its cover. Swiping at him as Denji narrowly rolled away from the bears attack.

Denji: I was wondering where you were, didn't take you long to track your prey down huh?

Staring down the bear, It stood up on its hind legs. Standing just above 2 1/5 meters tall, It bellowed an intimidating roar. Even a an idiot could tell it was communicating to get out of there, Denji however, was like 'hell was gonna let this catch go'.

Denji: Dontcha know..!?

Grabbing the handle of the object behind his back, he violently ripped it from its wrappings revealing a chainsaw. It had an orange plastic housing with it's teeth and chain black and rusted.

Denji: That Finders..

Pulling at the engine of the chainsaw, the machine briefly roared to life. Causing even the bear to get slightly intimidated.

Denji: ..are KEEPERS!!

Pulling with all his might. Denji with a roar of his own managed to bring the engine of the chainsaw to life, Sputtering as the heart of the machine began to burn gasoline, releasing a foul stench of gas in the air.