Chapter 2:【Freedom】

"Now... what should I do?" Y/N murmured to himself,he'd haven't had a lot of time to himself in his old life, so he was quite... puzzled on what to do within this world where he had all the time in the world to himself.

"Hmm... I guess i should check my stats if I even have that ability..."

Y/N exclaimed to himself,a screen abruptly appeared in front of him,which caused him to flinch involuntarily.

"Hmm... it's better to take a look now than later."

Y/N exclaimed to himself,looking at the screen in front of him.

Strength: 32

Speed: 19

Atk speed: 23

Endurance: 15

Charisma: 3

Luck: 2

Intelligence: 25

Durability: 17

Y/N viewed his stats with a blank stare upon his features,he hummed a little as the screen soon closed.

"... I wonder why my strength is much higher than all of my other attributes?"

Y/N exclaimed to himself,he abruptly realized the reason for it.

"Hmm.. It was due to my wish to have the same capabilities of Mahoraga,this is mainly due to how the shinigami has the strength to blow a chunk out of a building,that would make sense for the influx in my strength."

Y/N thought to himself as he soon heard the growling of some creatures,he would soon turn to see a beowolf approaching him. It's crimson eyes bore into his figure as it bared it's teeth,it seemed to be getting ready to attack Y/N.

The first things that filled his mind within that moment of seeing it was an underlying sensation of dread that he hadn't felt in a long time as fear soon took root within him,freezing him in place as the beowolf continued to approach him.

"... so this is how feels to be... afraid,I've felt this multiple times but never in such a large amount,nonetheless this is just the natural instincts of a human being or any animal when their faced with an actual threat to their survival..."

The beowolf continued to approach,its growling filled the air & echoed throughout the forest.

"Their limb lock up & refuse to move as fear overcomes their bodily functions,paralyzing as they feel completely... hopeless."

The beowolf continued to approach Y/N,it abruptly went into a sprint as it began to close in on Y/N.

"But... I refuse to perish in such a bland manner,I will live to embark on my own journey without anything holding me back & I'll finally..."

The beowolf leapt into the air,propelling itself foward as it's maw opened,revealing rows of sharp teeth,ready to tear Y/N apart. Y/N's right forearm then began to glow an ominous hue as the beowolf was now a few moments away from biting him in two.

"Discard the life I once had,tossing away the strings that held me back for so many grueling years of repetitiveness..."

Y/N abruptly dodged the beowolf's attack,which led to dirt & dust being dispersed throughout the area. Four layers of bandages wrapped around Y/N's right forearm as the beowolf rushed towards him once again. It was intent on killing him,letting out a roar as it rushed towards Y/N. A blade of some sort abruptly protruded of the layers of bandages around his forearm,it gave off a faint white hue. As the beowolf attempted to slash at Y/N with it's claws,which led to him evading its attacks once again as the blade glowed slightly brighter.

The beowolf roared with frustration as it rushed towards Y/N with unmatched ferocity. The Beast slashed at Y/N with it's claws,who abruptly deflected it's attack with his blade. This led to the beowolf beginning temporarily knocked off balance. Y/N immediately seized the opportunity,rushing the beowolf before it could react.

"With this first step,I'll eradicate the generic fragments within my life & remake a path for myself,void of those generic fragments.."

Y/N abruptly brung the blade upon the beowolf,splitting it in half with ease as it's body soon dropped to the ground,it's form would soon fade into nothingness afterward as the brightness of the blade soon dissipated afterwards. Y/N looked at the blade fixed around his forearm,the bandages were wrapped quite tightly as a screen soon opened up.

[Gamers mind]: A passive ability that allows the user to process stressful in a calm & collective manner,serving to make better decision making.

Y/N hummed to himself upon reading the full description of this ability.

"This could be highly useful to me,this also serves as the reason why I was able to react & dodge that things attacks...."

Y/N thought to himself,the screen soon disappeared afterwards as another soon appeared afterwards.

[P.S. If you'd want the description of items,Just say "Observe!"By yours truly, Presence ;)]

Y/N sighed,looking into the near endless foliage infront of him as the trees loomed over Y/N. He would look at the blade fixed to his forearm.

"Observe." Y/N thought,a screen would soon pop up infront of him as he soon read the contentence of it.

[Sword of Extermination]: A long, double-edged blade coated in positive energy, similar to reverse cursed energy. This makes the Sword of Extermination a natural enemy to cursed spirits. Its positive energy can easily compromise bodies composed entirely of cursed energy. The overall advantage gained by the user is comparable to the power of a special grade cursed tool.

Y/N would soon reading the information,the screen would soon disappear afterwards.

"Intersting... so that was the reason why I was able to cleave through that beowolf with such ease. Maybe it could be due to how these entities contain a similar essence to cursed energy,which could make the grimm susceptible to the effects of the positive energy encased around the blade..."

Y/N exclaimed to himself,his voice echoed throughout the forest,which seemed to bring unwanted attention to himself, a sizable group of grimm soon came into his view,their eyes glowed with bloodlust. His anxiety & fear soon rose,but it was soon quelled by [Gamers mind]. Y/N soon let out a sigh,getting into an offensive stance.

"I might aswell test it out now & get some more experience along the way."

Y/N exclaimed calmly,his lips twisting into a small grin as the grimm rushed towards him. The Sword of Extermination released a faint glow from it's blade.

"... Welp.. this is gonna be.. motivating..."

[End of Chapter 2]

(1106 words)