Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next morning after I woke up, I padded over to my window looked out to see that Charlie had gone to work.

I ran my fingers over the chipping white paint of the sill of the old window thoughtfully. I remembered all the times I had kept it open at night for Edward when he came in after Charlie went to sleep. All the times I fell asleep in his cold arms. Now that I think back on it, I just couldn't understand how I found his presence safe and comforting. I mean we could never really kiss without the risk of him losing control and there was always this underlying fear that I'd wake up to Edward sucking the life out of me.

However, the window would now be left open for Jacob. Jacob, who's presence I always felt safe in. The old window also always brought forth a distant memory of the love I once thought I couldn't live without.

I sighed inwardly and gathered some clothes out of my closet before dragging my self across the hall to take a shower. I let the hot water wash away the surfacing memories of Him and the fatigue of the previous night.

When I came out of the bathroom, I was pulling a brush through my long brown locks, wincing slightly when I was met with a stubborn knot. I opened my bedroom door to find a shirtless Jacob sprawled out across my bed. For some strange reason, he seemed to belong there.

A wide smile stretched across his beautiful tan face as he sat up.

"Come here honey, let me brush your hair out for you." he practically cooed, patting his lap for me to come. I chuckled and crossed the room. I climbed on to the bed and settled between his legs, handing the brush back to him. He gently ran the brush through my tangled hair and hummed softly.

I closed my eyes and was surprised at how relaxing this was. I sighed gently and felt the brush be replaced by Jacobs warm fingers. He leaned down and I shivered at the feeling of his warm breath on my neck as he whispered into my ear.

"You enjoying this Bells?" he asked with a soft chuckle.

"You have no idea how relaxing this is Jake." I murmured. He only snorted in response and I leaned back against his chest to press his arms closer to me as he wrapped them around my mid section.

"I love you Bells. So much. I hope you know that." Jacob said softly. His words brought the familiar butterflies in my stomach.

"I love you too Jake. And as long as you're with me, I'll know that." My voice became quieter as I realized the truth in my words. As long as I knew he would always be mine, I knew he loved me.

But my mind couldn't let me have the peace I wanted from that statement. Because even now, is this moment, I wasn't sure if he would always be mine. He still hadn't imprinted. So it was still possible, that in the future he could be torn away from me by a stupid "connection" to some other girl. He and I had talked about this a while back and he had seemed to brush it off like it was nothing. But I knew he shared the same worry.

I felt him tense up at my back. He must have let him self linger on the thoughts of the possible future too.

"It's never going to happen Bells. Never. You are the only one for me. I don't give a damn about some wolfy connection. And besides, its rare. There's a possibility that it wont happen. Stop torturing yourself by thinking about it." Jacob said suddenly, trying to soothe me. He failed. And he knew it.

Because this was what he said every time.