At the hospital, specifically in the Carpenter sisters room, Christina and Sam were having a heated argument while all Tara could do was witness what was happening.

Christina Carpenter was a woman with a blunt personality, someone who says what's on her mind without considering the consequences. Regarding her appearance, she appeared younger than she really was. In fact, she was quite similar to Sam. Her brown eyes matched perfectly with her dark brown hair that fell over her shoulders.

Her outfit consisted of a beige sweater accompanied by blue jeans along with a pair of black heels.

But that was not of importance at this moment, but the discussion that was taking place.

Three days had passed since the so-called 'act three' occurred and her mother had finally returned from her trip. But, as much as it hurt her, Tara knew she didn't come back for her.

She did not return immediately as any mother would have when informed that her youngest daughter had been attacked, but instead excused herself saying that her job did not allow her to do so.

She was there now, yes, but since she entered the room all she had done was argue with Sam. At no point did she worry about her, and that hurt her.

That your own mother showed no concern for you was not pleasant at all.

"If I didn't do it, you would never have told her! You would have kept it from her like you did with dad and me!" Sam accused her as she got up from her bed, something she shouldn't do when she had to rest, but at that moment she couldn't care less.

She finally had the opportunity to reproach her mother for her mistakes. To stop carrying that resentment with her once and for all.

"Of course I would never tell her! As if I wasn't embarrassed enough that I had sex with that asshole, you're here to remind me of it!" Christina wouldn't just keep her mouth shut and take insults from her eldest daughter. "You were an accident Sam! One I will regret making for the rest of my life!"

As much as she denied it, those words hurted her more than she would like to admit.

She knew she was an accident, a product of a night of passion between two teenagers, but hearing the woman who brought her into the world say it was painful.

"Go fuck yourself." Sam cursed underneath her breath with his teary eyes, refusing to let any tears fall.

"Am I wrong?" She asked calmer now, but still frowning. "That's the truth. And from what I'm aware of, you're just as crazy as him."

"Mom!" Tara reprimanded her, already tired of hearing her mother insult her sister for no valid reason.

"What? I'm not lying. Your sister killed someone." She said looking at her youngest daughter before returning her attention to Sam. "It seems madness runs in the family."

When she was still in London for her job, the police contacted her once everything was over and explained every detail of what happened, something they now knew for sure thanks to the testimonies of the survivors of that night.

"I killed someone too in case you don't remember!" Tara stressed as she clenched her fists, although it hurt a little to do so with her injured hand.

She wasn't proud of it, and she never would. It disgusted her that she had to kill Amber and she still couldn't shake that feeling. But watching her mother judge Sam for something she had also done was unfair.

"Yeah, but you didn't stab a person a million times like this psycho!" Christina replied pointing at Sam the moment that word left her mouth.

"And that takes away from the fact that I too have become a murderer!?" She questioned, increasingly annoyed by her mother's occurrences. "Also, don't pretend to care if I was or not! You already made it very clear that you didn't care about me when the police told you I was attacked and you didn't do anything!"