Ryomen Sukuna

Beginne am Anfang

"What do you want?" Megumi repeated dramatically, hopefully getting across how annoying and pest-like Gojo was to him. Gojo didn't seem to care as he continued talking extremely upbeat and obnoxious.

"I have a mission for you and [Name]! I need you two to retrieve a cursed object and it's very important you bring this back, kay? Okayyy, bye!"

Before Megumi could even bark back any degrading words to Gojo, the special grade sorcerer effectively ended the call, leaving him even more ticked off. [Name], listening in to the whole conversation, sat upright on her bed with her feet dangling over the edge. She flicked off all the power switches on her bass and amp before placing the electrical instrument back into its case beside her.

"That shouldn't be so hard, right? Wham-bam-thank-you
-ma'am kind of deal?" [Name] surmised to Megumi while standing up from the bed and stretching her aching arms.

Megumi tilted his head at his friend's odd wording but nonetheless replied, "I suppose. He texted me some other stuff about it being at some school in Sendai."

[Name]'s lit up at the city's name. She skipped over to Megumi, still sat in the chair, and gently shook his shoulders in excitement.

"That's pretty far, do you think we'll be able to look at the shopping areas? Or maybe even the historical sites? We could make this boring mission into a fun trip, you know," [Name] blabbered. Her sheltered life became apparent through her numerous ideas for a trip to a city that wasn't even that interesting, at least to Megumi. He gave the girl a gentle smile, gingerly placing one of his hands on hers.

"Its not as fun as you think it is," he bluntly put while watching [Name]'s face morph into disappointment. She shrugged her shoulders and walked away from him, grabbing her phone off her desk in the midst of it.

"Whatever, it'll still be fun. Is Ijichi already here?" [Name] peered back to Megumi in which he nodded.

"Let's get going. It shouldn't take us that long."

"Mhm, wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am!"

Unfortunately, the mission did take very long and was very much not very wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am.

♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.

Slamming the door open and close to the Stevenson screen near the school multiple times did not seem to bring back the cursed object, [Name] learned.

"What? But wasn't it just here?" [Name] placed a firm hand on her hip as she glanced around the box some more, convinced it maybe just... fell onto the ground.

Megumi groaned after giving up his own personal search for the missing cursed object. He took initiative to call Gojo to update him on their unfortunate findings.

"Maybe it took a nighttime stroll!" [Name] picked up Gojo's joke through Megumi's phone. Unamused, Megumi side eyed [Name].

The girl shrugged her shoulders with a cheeky grin, adding fuel to the fire by commenting, "He could be on to something."

Megumi's deep blue eyes rolled in annoyance, unthankful to both of the closest people in his life.

"I'm going to punch you," Megumi grunted out now that his attention was back on Gojo, unwillingly.

"Well, no going home until it's recovered. BYE [NICK NAME]!" Gojo squealed before cutting off the call. Megumi froze. After all these years he still couldn't comprehend how childish his teacher/guardian really was.