'Take a picture, It lasts longer' The human remarked casually, making me blush profusely. Not wanting them to see me in this state, I quickly made an excuse to leave and teleported away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV:

You didn't know that one sentence could affect a person that much, Xiao must have never heard the classic remark before. After his abrupt exit you looked at the sunrise for a little longer, thinking about your studies before going to pick up some textbooks at Wanwen Bookhouse.

As you were walking down from the mountain to the harbor, you had stopped to admire the view from the top of the waterfall. The water glistened in the sun, now surrounded by a clear blue sky with a couple of wispy clouds. You found yourself staring at the sky, laying down next to the waterfall. The scenery and sounds were so perfect, you started to drift off but jerked upright when there was a sudden and loud rustling in the bushes.

'Hello??'

The rustling continued while you slowly inched toward the bush, but when you parted the leaves you found nothing except a small scrap of blood red fabric entangled in the branches.

'Huh,' you thought aloud. 'Strange.' You picked up the fabric and continued on your merry way  down the mountain, but strangely you felt like you were being watched all throughout your walk back to Liyue harbor.

*Time Skip to Wanwen Bookhouse*

'Here's what you ordered, good luck on your exams!'

'Thank you, have a good day!' You smiled at the shop owner then grabbed the neatly wrapped textbooks and turned towards the stairs. You were about to walk down when a boy around your age with rather unique blue hair ran up to you, blushing bright red.

'H-hello I couldn't help but notice your books, I think there's a n-novel you might like.' The guy then shoved a book in your hands and bolted down the stairs, leaving you a bit confused at the entrance of the bookstore. Today has been a very interesting day, to say the least, you thought to yourself before shrugging and looking at the book that had been given to you. 

It seemed to be about a traveller in a fantasy world that fell in love with a boy back home. Not really your type of novel, but you would give it a try. The blue-haired boy seemed so insistent after all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chongyun's POV:

'CHONGYUN!!!!!! CHONGYUN!' I saw Xingqiu running up to me, a stupid grin on his face. I sighed. What had he done now? He stopped in front of me and doubled over, gasping for air. After waiting a while so he could catch his breath, Xingqiu finally stood up straight with an excited smile. 'I was at the bookhouse when I saw the most beautiful person! And I flirted with them!!!!!'

I sighed and mentally facepalmed. Xingqiu wasn't the best at  flirting, I've seen him fail on multiple occasions, becoming a blushing, stuttering mess and successfully chasing away the person he was trying to seduce. I could literally picture him bright red, stumbling over his words and terrorising the poor target of his flirting.

'Chongyun, are you okay? You seem to be lost in thought... ' Xingqiu asked me.

'Yes I'm fine, I just feel bad for the person you traumatized with your poor serenading. ' I said to him with a small smile on my face. I would have reacted more if I hadn't been born with my condition, but small signs of emotion don't affect my pure yang energy that much.

Xingqiu gasped in mock offense. 'Well you can't say much Chongyun, I've never seen you flirt so you must not know how it feels. ' It was true. As an excorsist, I have no time for... romantic... distractions. My duty comes before everything else.

(That sounds like a voice line lmao)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's POV:

Y/n was walking home, with a creeping sensation in their gut. They had felt followed for the past couple hours, a stranger's eyes on them at all times. Unfortunately, it wasn't all in y/n's head. My dear readers, this is when things begin to take a turn for the worst.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooooo~

Also, I really recommend 'Hatefully, Yours' a Xiao x OC fanfic that my friend Itz_me18 wrote.