Chapter Fifteen - Harry

Start from the beginning

"Harry, are you alright, dear?" Mary asked.

"Just a bit of a headache," Harry brushed it off. "It's nothing."

Mary hummed. "If you are sure." She took a sip of her tea. "Now, tell me about Louis."

"Why can't I hear one of your stories?" Harry asked, grinning. "They're amazing. And hilarious."

"Because," Mary said, "I want to hear about the present and not the past. So, tell me about him."

"Well, alright." Harry wet his lips. "What do you wanna know?"

"How did the two of you meet?" Mary inquired.

Harry let out a soft chuckle, thinking back to the day in September. It already felt like so long ago. "I actually met him in a Starbucks, buying a drink for my roommate Niall. And when I saw him, I was like, 'Oh my God, this is the most stunning human I've ever laid eyes on...'"

Mary listened as Harry told about their meeting, when Louis joined for bed building, that first party, studying in the library, Louis asking him out... He talked about it all with a flush to his cheeks, and his dimples pooling in his cheeks.

"This is so dreamy," Mary wistfully sighed. "I remember that feeling all too well."

"I don't think I have ever been this happy before," Harry giddily said. "He makes me feel like I'm the most precious thing on the planet."

"Probably because to him, you are."

Harry wet his lips, his cheeks flushing. "Perhaps."

The sound of the bell above the door was heard from the shop.

"Let me take this," Harry said, standing up. "I think I know how to do it by now."

Mary grinned. "Of course you do. You're my best worker."

"I'm your only worker."

"The best."

"By that logic, aren't I also your worst."

"Hush, there is a customer. Go serve them."

Harry shook his head amusedly. "Alright, alright." He left the room, his eyes directed to the floor. "Hello, anything I can—" He looked up, and stopped in surprise. "Louis?"

Louis looked deep frozen. His cheeks and his were red, his hands stuffed into his pockets, and he was visibly shaking. Yet his whole body seemed to gain warmth at the sight of Harry. "Haz, hi!"

Harry's heart skipped a beat. "Hi, what... what are you doing here?" He walked around the cashier's table, needing to be closer to Louis.

Louis grinned shyly. "Just wanted to drop something off." He reached into his pocket, pulling out a small plastic box. Pain meds. Louis looked up, meeting Harry's eyes. "For your head."

Harry didn't know what to say, his eyes darting between the small box and Louis' eyes. "I... Which head?"

Louis snorted, stepping even closer to Harry. Hands on Harry's waist, he reached up to kiss Harry's lips softly. "This one," he whispered as they parted.

"Thank you," Harry breathed. "You really didn't have to."

Louis shrugged, grinning. "I wanted to."

Harry wet his lips. "You're, like, the best boyfriend ever, did you know?"

A delicate blush spread over Louis' cheekbones, making them crimson with pleasure instead of cold. It really was Harry's favourite thing. "I can only say the same."