ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴋɪɴɢ

Start from the beginning

Strict in his rule, Adelaide can be cruel, particularly in punishments for disobedience. He's easily irritated, especially when it comes to failure, and holds high expectations of those around him. Fueled by a sense of righteousness, Adelaide often acts as though he's exalted. He's a nobleman and sees himself as such, doing his best to live by a rule of integrity and goodness. He takes to matters objectively in an effort to solve it justly and regards others neutrally, at least until they give him a reason to judgement. Even in his judgement, though, he tries to treat everyone decently and impartially.

Adelaide is strong-willed, and though he may take input from others, he chooses his own thoughts and opinions over anything else. He sees his judgement as one of the most trustworthy, making him self-willed. It makes him forceful, authoritative in his rule and dynamic in demeanor. He'll press his way forward until he gets what he wants, an efficacious man who both speaks and acts with insistence and might. His decisions all come with a purpose too, each one a leap to further his own success.

However, Adelaide is more tender behind closed doors. He's a contemplative man who thinks quite in silence often, introspective and sometimes daydreaming. It does make him thoughtful, though, particularly in his words. When it comes to his family, he is the utmost gentle. He is surprisingly controlled in both touch and temperament, never explosive and always soft. There's a root of worry in it. Adelaide has a tendency to fret over his family, especially when he's separated from them, which makes him a bit preservative. He tries not to be suffocating, but it still can be a little much at times.

-ˋˏ [ 𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 ] ˎˊ

-ˋˏ [    ᴇxᴘᴇʀᴛ ᴄᴏᴍʙᴀᴛᴀɴᴛ   ] Trained since he was fourteen, Adelaide has become expertly skilled in hand-to-hand combat, weapons combat, and marksmanship. He does best with a long sword or crossbow and is a steady, careful fighter who makes measured movements.

-ˋˏ [   ᴇxᴘᴇʀᴛ sᴀɪʟᴏʀ   ] A child of an island nation, Adelaide is an expert in the skills of sailing and a master navigator. However, since the death of his father, he's become nervous around sailing adventures outside of the islands and will never sail in to a storm.

-ˋˏ [    ᴇᴍᴘᴀᴛʜʏ   ] Adelaide is able to sense the emotional states of other people. If they're strong enough, he just has to be near them to feel them, though usually to correctly identify them, he has to have contact with the person. Prolonged, unbroken contact can be enough to even get a few thoughts through, and he shares an empathic, partially telepathic bond with his siblings. His empathic abilities extend to the natural world too where he's supernaturally aware of the state of the environment and can sense oncoming danger.