"I know that's right" I said as we both laughed.

I then hugged everyone else and we all made conversation and I realized Trevante's mother wasn't here.

I walked over to him and said "Where's moms?"

"She didn't wanna come because Sienna's here" He mumbled in my ear and I chuckled shaking my head.

Not surprised and quite frankly I don't blame her.

"Chileeee." I said.

"Best behavior please" He said.

"I'm fine" I said chuckling.

"Aight sit right across from me at the head of the table" He said.

"Oh- Okay" I said poking my bottom lip out.

I walked to that side of the table and sat down at the head of it, and he sat right across from me and had Ivory sitting on his lap.

"Alright everybody can take your seats, we're about to eat" Trevante said.

Trevante's cousin Malcom walked over to him and said "Aye man.. I know we have our issues but thank you for still inviting me."

"I didn't invite you, Triniece did. Thank her." Trevante said and my eyes widened hearing that convo.

He gave Trevante a look before shaking his head and sitting down.

Him and Trevante fell out years back, and nobody knows why.

I don't even know why. Trevante doesn't like to talk about it so.

"Ummm. I know you don't know because you don't live here, but this is MY house with Trevante. And that's MY chair. Get up." Sienna said.

"Girllll. I will not get up. Trevante told me to sit here" I said.

"No, I don't care so-"

"Oh girl go sit down with your daddy and be a good little girl." I said sarcastically with a smile as I put the napkin on my lap.

"Sienna, can you sit next to me just for tonight? Please?" Trevante said to her. She looked at me and I smirked winking at her.

She gave me a death glare before walking over to Trevante and she sat beside him.

That's what I thought bitch.

"Shit I belong at the head of this table. All the years I put in. This my family." I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"Good evening everyone. Trevante and I are very excited to have you all here in OUR home for his birthday dinner. Don't be afraid to dig in and enjoy. Happy birthday baby." Sienna said with a smile, then she gave me a look.

I chuckled.

"Umm, excuse me." I said.

Everybody looked at me.

"In this family, don't we all say grace before we shove food in our mouths? Mama Rhodes always says grace first." I said, referring to Trevante's mother.

"You're absolutely right." Trevante said.

"Shall we?" I said holding my hands out, and everybody held hands and we all bowed our heads.

"Can you lead the prayer please, Janet?" Trevante asked me and Sienna looked at him like he was crazy.

"Sure thing." I said closing my eyes.