Chapter 7 - Meeting

Start from the beginning

"Good, Medical Deputy Kalise, are there more injured than uninjured and how many people have already been discharged?"

"There are more uninjured than injured, thankfully the battle wasn't very long so there weren't an inane amount of injuries. Most have been discharged already, very few have lost a limb. These reports in my folder show this information in a chart."

This news was relieving among some of the upper ranks, they were unaware of how much damage Clove caused, but at least it was less than her intention.

"That's great news, Resource Deputy Venari, any shortages at all?"

"No commander, we've only needed some wood for a while but the fauna is still settling after contact of the Under-lord, so we can only wait. This folder shows how much resources we have."

"Good, Floral Deputy Flower, any new deaths caused by the fauna, any Serenity Bush shortages?"

"No Serenity Bush shortages, no new deaths caused by the fauna either."

Aestas is coming to an end, meaning fauna can grow more. So, more Serenity Bushes and more security. Serenity Bushes grow in one large group in a tent entirely dedicated to their care, it was their saviour when it came to the fauna. Wild ones were not as effective, so the risk of using a wild one was high.

Other large bushes of Serenity Bush, can grow elsewhere when Aestas ends in the cavern, when they bloom. However because Stone Warriors often lurk every corner of the cavern, the Serenity Bush growing in the greenhouse is their only source, so it cannot die. No matter what.

"Excellent! Pollution Sub-deputy Altiora, anything absurd in your department?"

"No Commander, everything still remains as it was for the last few months. Littering has been significantly decreased thanks to our program. The charts contained in this folder will show how reduced pollution has been."

"Great news, Spy Sub-deputy Mendax, any spies or potential ones found?"

"No sire, nothing new."

"Amazing, Technological Sub-deputy Ben, any major updates of data in the other bases?"

"Only one new one, this news is saddening among us. The Rebel base in Auroris Cavern, run by Commander Bervis has been discovered recently by Emperor forces. Most have escaped and found a different location in Auroris to settle until they have figured out what to do next. As for the people that didn't escape, we do not know what the Emperor has done to them. Thankfully, Commander Bervis is unharmed."

Because of the unusual size of Auroris, there are about 5 outlaw bases in it. This news was bone-chilling to the upper ranks. What had happened to the caught? Will they survive? How were they discovered?

"I see, this is saddening news. I will speak with Commander Bervis though the Holodesks after this meeting and you shall accompany me. Sub-deputy Alyssa, has anyone died of the attempted take over, has there been any deaths within the past few months?"

"No sire, only deaths of natural causes have been recorded, no deaths of the attempted take over were made, only major injuries were caused."

"Great! Our next elections for the Pollution Sub-deputy role shall take place in a few months so people who wish to run in it have already nominated themselves. Sub-Deputy Altiora, are you okay to attend a meeting with them as a representative of me? I cannot attend it because of the Auroris situation. The meeting is in exactly one hour at this table."

"I'm honoured to fill your position for you sire, I will attend it for you as a representative."

"Thank you Sub-Deputy Altiora. Because of all of these tasks they will cause myself to be unavailable for at least a month, it may be longer due to the Auroris situation. I also need to manage the annual upcoming census as its approaching us. Now Hamengku, come speak to me before I speak to Commander Bervis about any new members and this news about him."