3.1 - dragons are real!

Start from the beginning

"Actually, I-! ...Yeah, I failed... But so what!?"

There was a boastful pink blush on the apples of Monoma's cheeks, showing just how prideful he was. "Isn't that weird, huh? Isn't that strange? I thought Class A was supposed to be superior to Class B-"

Kendou chopped the back of his neck, causing him to slump forward, unconscious. You snickered. Poor Monoma. "Sorry 'bout that," Kendou uttered.

"Monoma-kun's funny," you giggled, watching as Kendou dragged him away.

"Don't let him hear you say that," Honenuki laughed, appearing behind you. "He's, like, obsessed with you!"

"Mm," a girl you recognized as Kodai Yui quietly hummed. "He really... wants your... number..."

Huh? If he wanted it so bad, then he should've just asked - or is the great Monoma Neito shy? How cute!

Honenuki let out a small cough. "Speaking of numbers," he began, "We haven't exchanged them yet." Man, he was really asking a girl for her number!

Your eyes widened. "Oh, we really haven't!" You switched phones and tapped in your number. With your phone back, you changed his contact to 'free massages 😋' Though, you have yet to receive free massages from the boy, Kosei has told you all about the massages he's gotten after training. Ah, you were jealous! Would he give you one if you just asked?

Kodai held her phone out too, though there was no discernable emotion on her face. You giggled and switched phones. You've never actually talked to her before, but Kodai's so cute. You wanna get to know her better.

"Do not get on Monoma's bad side," you heard Yanagi Reiko ominously say about a foot away. Yanagi's a bit scary but in a cute way, y'know? Agh, why is everyone so cute!

Setsuna, who was much shorter than you (twenty centimeters shorter, in fact!), toddled on the tops of her toes and threw her arm over your shoulder, pulling you down to her height. You whined as she spoke with a grin. "A lotta stuff happened at the Sports Festival... Either way, congrats, A team!"

Kodai hummed.

Iida raised his hand. "Class A's bus is here, so please queue in the assigned order!"

Izuku shouted over to you, "[nickname], I, uh, I saved you a seat next to me!"

Nope. You dismissed him with a wave of one of your hands. "Oh, you didn't need to - I'm going on 1-B's bus, so, like, I won't be with you." You didn't want to sit with him, it would be so awkward.

His shoulders slumped, but he quickly picked himself up and sent you a wobbly smile. "O- Oh, that's fine! Um, see you at the camp..." And he scurried onto the bus before you could say "See you later."

You felt bad.

But at the same time, a wave of relief washed through you. You let out an involuntary sigh. Thank God he just walked away because if you actually sat next to him, well, you would've been uncomfortable the whole ride. You'll talk later. Probably.

"Eh, you're going on our bus?" Setsuna asked, her lips were really, really close to the skin of your cheek. "When was that decided?"

"Just now," you grinned.

"Did something happen between you two? You and that Class A kid were like two peas in a pod!"

"Agh, we got into an argument."

"Tell me!"

And you spilled.

1-B's bus arrived about fifteen minutes after 1-A's. Monoma had woken up ten minutes ago, and just started yapping about 1-A, like usual. "Can you believe this?" he asked from beside you. "Ugh, what did I say about them pulling you into trouble-"