Ice Cream

A middle-aged man took shelter under an open umbrella on his cart.

The heat of the sun was felt on his skin, which was beginning to darken from the daily rays.

The sweat running down his temples and nape was wiped off with a small towel that he put around his neck.

The tree beside him was not big enough to block out the sun.

In the stifling heat he waits patiently for his customers. His heart is anxious as he feels the sun's heat this afternoon is hotter than any other day.

His cart is too old to freeze the coconut ice cream he carries for much longer.

It's been 90 minutes since he first set up his ice cream chart 6 meters from the entrance gate of one of Bangkok's major entertainment agencies, and only 2 ice creams have been sold.

He tried his luck this time at that place because it was rumored that the agency building in front of him was often visited by many fans of the artists under its agency.

Several times he saw black vans with dark glass going in and out of the gates carrying artists.

But he had yet to see the fans gather as rumored.

His attention from the entrance gate was distracted when a young man greeted him.

"Lung, can I order for three, please."

Before making the order he invited the three young men before him to sit on the plastic bench under the tree that had been arranged.

He deftly split the bread and placed three scoops of coconut ice cream in the center. Corn sprinkles, chocolate chips, and crunchy caramel crumbs were added on top of the ice cream. For the final touch, he finished the ice cream sandwich by pouring sweetened condensed milk.

He served the ice cream on a disposable paper plate and handed it to the three waiting boys.

The three young men thanked him and started eating the ice cream in their hands.

The middle-aged man smiled as his three new customers displayed beaming smiles after their first bites.

He could hear the words of praise about his ice cream.

He silently watched the three of them.

One person who ordered was wearing a mask and hat that almost covered his face.

From before he took off his mask to eat, he could see that the man looked handsome.

He has beautiful eyes, fair skin and a tall body. He was wearing a casual T-shirt paired with jeans and sneakers.

Looks like he is not an ordinary person. That's what he had in mind.

While the other two people were also dressed casually with a big bag and some carry-on bags, they did not wear masks and hats.

"Lung, your ice cream is delicious! Do you often sell here?"

The young man wearing the hat asked while paying for his order. This time his face was not covered by a mask.

"Thank you young man, I'm glad you like it. This is my first day selling here. I heard that many fans of the artists in this agency often come here. So I'm trying my luck."

The middle-aged man explained.

"So this is your first day here. Has it been sold a lot? Because I don't think there are any events scheduled for today."

"Ah... is that so? No wonder I haven't seen any fans gathering."

The middle-aged man laughed. He did not know that. Let alone the artist's schedule, the young man in front of him was unfamiliar for his knowing.