Chapter 597 - Metal Market Pricing Differences

Compared to the metals he brought, the metal Tang Wulin had inspected seemed much duller than before.

“Jade silver?” the clerk said, voice wavering. A few quick steps before he reached Tang Wulin’s side, picked up the assay hammer, and gave the jade silver a light tap. A crisp bell-like sound rang with melodious echos. The clerk’s face flushed red with excitement. “It’s really jade silver! Y-you really want to sell it?”

Tang Wulin shook his head. “Not selling. Trading. That would be a lot simpler. What’s your evaluation?”

“Please give me a moment,” said the clerk, his breathing a bit rough. He disappeared through the metal door again, and a couple minutes later, returned with a short, middle-aged man.

While the man was certainly on the shorter side, he possessed a rugged build and a pair of muscular arms. Upon laying sight on the jade silver, he rushed over to it and placed a tool down on the table. Glancing at Tang Wulin, he asked, “Can I test them?”

“Of course.” Knowing the harmony rate of a spirit alloy was essential in evaluating it. As such,  testing alloys was standard procedure.

Shortly after, the man audibly gulped. He turned to Tang Wulin, his expression serious. “Young man, this piece of jade silver has an eighty-one percent harmony rate. Does your family know that you’re trying to sell it?”

Tang Wulin stared blankly at the clerk while Gu Yue snickered in the background. After a moment of silence, Tang Wulin coughed, clearing his throat. “Of course they know. I’m here to obtain some metal for my family, but they were concerned that bringing money would be too inconvenient. That’s why they gave me this spirit alloy to trade instead. You can rest assured. I know just how valuable jade silver is. I’m sure you’ll give me a fair price.”

“We’ll definitely give you a fair price. The market value of such alloys are public anyway. Since it has an eighty-one percent harmony rate, I can offer you—” The clerk whispered something into the man’s ear. Immediately, his tone changed. “We can offer you one hundred chunks of any of the metals you observed previously.”

A hundred? This was beyond Tang Wulin’s expectations. He had forged this piece of jade silver back when he was still a fifth-rank blacksmith after all, and it was only thousand refined as well. If they were on Douluo, he would only be able to sell it for about sixty chunks of similar quality metal. Since he was offered one hundred chunks, that meant that metals were much more valuable on Star Luo than Douluo.

Tang Wulin’s eyes shone with the gleam of his capitalist dreams. This was an opportunity to get rich! After a brief hesitation, he said, “Hmm. Can’t you raise the offer a bit?”

The middle-aged man smiled bitterly. “Our offer is very generous as it is. If you have a piece with a higher harmony rate or can exchange in bulk, then I can give you a better rate per unit.”

“Alright. But do you have enough of a supply of those metals I observed? I’m sure you’re aware that for blacksmiths, there’s an extremely low chance of success for spirit alloys and spirit refinings, so it’s crucial to have quality metals.”

“Of course we have the supply. You don’t have to worry about the quantity or quality of our metals,” the man said confidently. “We had to pass stringent examinations in order to open this store on Star Luo Avenue. We have no problem supplying you as long as your demands are within reason. If your demand is excessive though, I’ll need some time to prepare the stock.”

Tang Wulin nodded. “Alright, let’s get a contract signed first then. We’ll start with this piece of alloy for one hundred chunks of gold crystal. It’ll be a good start. After that, prepare plenty of gold crystal, flux silver, and star copper while I return to have my father evaluate the gold crystal. If he approves, I may be back to buy much more.”