The vampire (vampire Sukuna x blackreader)

Start from the beginning

You shrugged your shoulders, grinning. "Promise I'm stronger than I look."

Famous last words.

Your marvel evaporated with the endless stairs that filled the god forsaken place, boxes only adding to your annoyance. Yuuji was oblivious to your plight as he rambled, staying beside you during the trek.

Surely he was sharing details you'd be interested in, but balance demanded your focus. Instead of listening, you supplied an "oh really?" or a "wow" when you felt it was appropriate to reply.

Most of your things had been sent ahead of your official move in date, which you were grateful for. Over the last couple of days, you'd been traveling back and forth with your remaining essentials. Holding the last of the boxes, you were ecstatic to be staying the night in your new apartment.

"We've lived here for years and I think you're the first person to move in since. The old neighbor moved out of the country, so it's not like your apartment is haunted or anything." He joked, stopping outside your door.

At some point after its creation, the manor had been magically divided into separate units. Whether it was originally constructed by human or supernatural hands, you weren't certain. All you knew was you had received the opportunity to study magic, to harness and grow what stirred inside you whenever your emotions heightened. Control it, not let it unwittingly loose.

You'd accepted a librarian position at the manor, having met the estate owner, Nanami Kento, during the interview process months earlier. While you considered him young to own an estate, he was serious and straightforward, and you warmed to him quickly.

The first interview consisted of an evaluation of your background. The second, final interview was more intimate, determining if you would fit with the rest of the staff and within the manor as a resident. You explained your motivation and goals, why you sought the job out. He'd understood your situation, agreeing that the manor's library would be useful in your search, as it contained texts that were rare to get one's hands on.

Sorcerers were scarce in modern day, so finding out Nanami was one sparked hope that you'd master your magic too.

Yuuji waved and strolled further to his own door. "If you need anything, just let us know, okay? See ya!"

You wondered who he meant by "us". His family? Or just those in the manor in general? You cursed yourself for not listening.

Unlocking the door, you set the boxes on the counter in the kitchen. You absorbed the interior, following the lines of dark wood and vaulted ceilings. Delicate arches opened into hallways lined with wallpaper featuring a devil's trumpet motif. A flower with an extensive history intertwined with magic, alluring and poisonous.

You laughed at that detail, not surprised by the manor's intricacies and little secrets.

The apartment had three distinct areas: the front rooms, kitchen and dining, and bedrooms. The front door opened into a vast space, perfect for entertaining guests. Beyond that were the kitchen and dining rooms, and further back, the master and two spare rooms.

The master was the only one with a semblance of order, the four-poster bed haphazardly made and boxes stacked in a corner.

You dropped to the mattress and looked out the bay windows, showcasing the forest and nearby river. Your side of the manor faced west—rays of gold and rust would bid their farewells as you settled in each night.