Chapter 587 - Jinx

The students of the Imperial Star Luo Academy whispered amongst themselves, stealing glances at Tang Wulin and Xu Lizhi while they wolfed down more and more food.

“I heard the Empire invited them to compete in the Continental Young Elites Tournament. We’ll see just how strong they really are soon enough.”

“You think we’ll even get a chance to fight them? I know they’re from Shrek Academy, but they’re way younger than us. Don’t you think they might compete in the junior league? They’ll have a shot at the championship if they do that.”

“No way. They’re definitely in the youth league. The Empire wouldn’t show them such kindness!”

“Yeah! This is our home turf!”

“Anyway, we’ll show them how great we are. Oh, I heard Monster Academy is participating this time too.”

“Is it gonna be a battle between those posers and the real thing?”

A few students snickered.

“Shh! You can’t say that!” another whispered. “You know how much the Empire values Monster Academy.”

Tang Wulin threw a pastry into his mouth as he listened in on the conversation. After experiencing his second awakening, his Golden Dragon King bloodline and Bluesilver Emperor martial soul boosted every aspect of his physical capabilities, including his hearing.

He furrowed his brow thoughtfully. Monster Academy? What the hell is that?

Beside him, Xie Xie smirked. “Captain, how do you feel about riding a train?”

Tang Wulin glared at him. “This isn’t the Federation. The chances of running into a evil soul master are way lower here.”

Tang Wulin had quite a few unpleasant memories associated with trains now. There was always some incident whenever he rode one. He even faced death a few times. In fact, he had been sent on this exchange trip precisely to put him out of the evil soul masters’ sights.

Despite his previous crises on trains, Tang Wulin was optimistic this time. In the two months he spent on the ship he broke through to rank 40, gained a ten-thousand-year soul ring, and evolved his martial soul. He was a completely different from the person he had been before this trip. He was finally gaining on the heels of his friends both in cultivation level and martial soul strength. His body was now ready to break the fifth seal of the Golden Dragon King with a large margin of safety.

Tang Wulin had also become a true sixth-rank blacksmith, and thanks to his solid foundation, he had already succeeded at spirit refining a three-metal alloy. Although he just reached the sixth rank, he already stood at its peak. Now he only had to prepare for the long road to becoming a Saint Blacksmith. To do that, he needed to grow his soul power, and forge and spirit refine many more alloys.

Above all, Tang Wulin was the most satisfied by the increased cultivation speed that his martial soul’s second awakening gave him. Practicing the Mysterious Heaven Method came to him far more easily than before. A day of cultivation was equivalent to three days when his martial soul had yet to re-awaken. The cultivation speed of ordinary soul master usually slowed down once they reached rank 40. He, on the other hand, found that his had only grown faster! At this pace, he was confident he would breach rank 60 by the time he turned twenty. Should he accomplish this, he would reach rank 60 over five years earlier than Wu Zhangkong did! If he also managed to complete his two-word battle armor by then, he would be able to call himself a true expert.

In light of all his progress, Tang Wulin couldn’t afford to waste such a rare moment of reprieve. He clasped his hands behind his head, relaxed into his seat, and smiled as he looked out the window.