"Here, have some tea." Neuvillette look up and he saw a cup of tea that Wriothesley put infront of him.

"T-thank you."  He answered, "But I should've take my leave. Thank you for bringing me here."  He added.

"Have some breakfast first before you leave."  Wriothesley suggested.

"No, thank you. I don't want to bother you anymore."  He said.

"You're never a bother to me, Neuvillette." Wriothesley softly said. This cause Neuvillette to fluster and look away as he felt his cheeks burning.

What should I do? I can't be stuck here with Wriothesley.

"Ahem, fine I'll just take my leave after we eat breakfast."  He said earning a sweet smile from Wriothesley.

"Great! You can take a sit, and I'll serve our breakfast in a minute."  He said.

"But I should help you-" he got cut as he was about to reach the plates,

"No need, you're my guest so let me serve you. And besides aren't your head aching? I think you've drunk too much last night."  Wriothesley said.

Once again, Neuvillette's face turns red, "I- Surprisingly it's not aching."  he murmured but it was loud enough to be heard by Wriothesley.

"That's good to know."  He said then he turn of the stove, "Say, are you drinking with someone last night?"  he asked with a tiny bit of hint of upset voice.

Neuvillette's forehead creased, "Do I have someone with me last night?"  He asked to himself before realizing that he is indeed with someone last night.

His eyes widen upon this realization, "Navia!" 

"What's with her?" Wriothesley confusedly asked.

"She's with me last night!" Neuvillette panics as he started to bit his lower lip due to his developing anxiety. He's starting to worry about his friend. "I-I need to know if she's alright!"  he worriedly said and was about to run off when a hand caught his waist and holds his face,

"Calm down, baby~Neuvillette knows what he heard. He heard it clearly.  'Baby'  one of Wriothesley's endearment to him when they are still together.

That endearment used to calm him before, and it is still working until now.

Neuvillette calm down as he close his eyes upon feeling the soft rubbing of his ex-lover's thumb on his cheeks.

"Everything is fine, same goes with Navia. I'm sure Melus and Silver take her home last night, so you don't have to worry, hmm?"  Wriothesley's voice is full of assurance causing Neuvillette to feel something familiar, again.

The familiar feeling when Wriothesley said he's the only one he will ever love.

Though is this lawfully right? His feelings for this married man, is it valid?

Is it right to let his guards down, and let his ex-lover be this close to him while holding his waist and cheeks, and smiling lovingly at him?

Of course it is not lawfully right!

But for Neuvillette, who have been longing for Wriothesley for a very long time, he can't help himself but to savor this intimate moment with him.

Is it okay to be selfish, just for once?

"Yes, y-you're right." Neuvillette said, as he open his eyes and stare at Wriothesley's. "Though I can't help but to still worry about her."  He added.

"I told you, stop worrying. Navia is safe and sound." Wriothesley said and unexpectedly he kiss Neuvillette's forehead.

He then close his eyes as a single drop of tears escape from it, "You shouldn't do this. You shouldn't kiss my forehead, you shouldn't hold my waist and softly rub your thumb on my cheeks, and you shouldn't call me baby to calm me down."  He said as tears continues to roll down on his cheeks, "You're making me want you more, you're making me fall for you harder and deeper."   he whispered.

Seeing Neuvillette in this state makes Wriothesley's heart clenched, he hates seeing the latter cry. He hates it when the latter is hurting because this hurts him too. Because he still loves him.

"Neuvy, I still lov-"

"Don't say that, please."  Neuvillette hold Wriothesley's hand on his cheeks, "You're already with someone else. And both of you already have little Sigewinne. And I never want to  bring chaos or destroy your family, so please stop."  He put down Wriothesley's hand, and create a distant gap between them,

"But it is true, Neuvy, after all these years, I still love you, only you is where my heart belongs to."  Wriothesley said as he tried to hold Neuvillette again, but the latter step back,

"As much as I want to be with you again, I can't. It is lawfully incorrect. I love you too, and I will always do, but things are different now, Wriothesley."  He said, "It is best for everyone if we shouldn't see each other again. I'm sorry, and thank you for taking care of me last night."  He added before walking out of Wriothesley's apartment leaving the man he loves behind.

*****

A little dramatic chapter, hehe~ Anyway, this story reached 150+ reads. Waahhh,  I'm so happy. I never thought that you guys would read this crappy fanfic. 😭 Thank you very much for reading and supporting this fanfic! I love y'all💛

-wriollette-