Chapter 567 - Into the Sea

Wu Zhangkong wasn’t Tang Wulin’s only competitor for prince of the ball and best-dressed man. So was Yue Zhengyu. In fact, Shrek Academy yielded several nominations for different categories. Best-dressed lady, for example, flaunted the elegant styles of Gu Yue and Xu Xiaoyan. As for belle of the ball, Gu Yue, Xu Xiaoyan, Ye Xinglan, and the non-Shrek Lin Yuhan all made the cut. Gu Yue’s dance in particular had been so enchanting that her relatively average physical appearance seemed less so. It made her popular with the crowd. 

The voting came as quickly as it went. In the end, Tang Wulin was crowned the best-dressed gentleman, and he and Gu Yue won best dance couple. Surprisingly enough, Gu Yue also won best-dressed lady. On the other hand, that the Ice Prince Wu Zhangkong won most handsome man was hardly shocking. And a young girl from Star Luo snatched away the win for the most beautiful woman contest. 

Tang Wulin noticed a hint of embarrassment on Wu Zhangkong’s face as he ascended the stage to accept his reward. Even for the dashing Wu Zhangkong, it was his first time experiencing this type of limelight. If not for Elder Cai’s presence, he would have refused to go up. 

The awards themselves weren’t too flashy, merely some local specialties of the Star Luo Empire. But the contest had achieved its purpose. The two delegations were much more at ease with each other now. 

“Your dance was amazing,” Lin Yuhan said as she greeted Gu Yue.  “Congratulations on your award.”

A thin smile formed on Gu Yue’s lips. “You were pretty good too.” 

They locked stares. Sparks flew.

Lin Yuhan turned to Tang Wulin. “Wulin, do you have any free time tomorrow? If yes, want to give me some blacksmithing tips? We can hammer some metal in the blacksmithing workshop onboard.” 

Just as Tang Wulin was about to answer, he felt a sharp pain at his waist. He coughed awkwardly. “I-I, uh, think I’ll be busy tomorrow. I gotta cultivate and do some other stuff. A-another day maybe.” 

“Okay. I’m in room 521. You can call me through the internal comms line.” 

While aboard the ship, there was no reception for soul communicators. They could only call each other through the hardwired lines. 

“Okay.”

Although unsatisfied with the outcome, Lin Yuhan bid them a short goodbye and left. When she was finally out of sight, Gu Yue removed her fingers from Tang Wulin’s waist. 

Tang Wulin glanced at Gu Yue just as she did the same. A pause, but their gazes did not falter.

“Damn, did someone spill some vinegar? It’s getting real sour around here,” Yue Zhengyu said as he approached the two, sending a smirk Gu Yue’s way. 

Gu Yue quickly separated from Tang Wulin. She sent a glare Yue Zhengyu’s way. Sharp enough to cut. Regrouping, they enjoyed the rest of the banquet’s performances.

☀ 

In the end, the banquet was an overwhelming success. The members of both delegations were much friendlier towards each other. Which was great, since there were diplomatic representatives from every profession, and naturally quite a few high-ranking members of the military as well.