Chapter 545 - Crushed

The Li twins entered Shrek Academy at the young age of twelve. Now, at the age of eighteen, both possessed five pieces of battle armor each. They were quite far from completing a full set of armor, but they still had two years left to qualify for the inner court. Furthermore, they had a soul fusion skill, which meant they would probably be given extra time to meet the requirements if necessary. 

As their figures transformed, actual flames soared from their armor to fill the air. Bestial cries rumbled from the twins and shook the arena. Both possessed fire-attribute martial souls, but there were key differences between them. Li Mengyang roared, their voice booming broad and deep like a lion’s. Li Mengtian, on the other hand, growled with the curt tenor of a tiger. A wave of might exploded from them as they summoned their soul rings, two yellow and two purple each.

Tang Wulin hadn’t been idle. As soon as the match began, even as his opponents summoned their battle armor, he was already low to the ground and charging forward. Two golden rings appeared around him, bathing him in a regal glow. Although he could restrain his opponents’ fire attribute with Bluesilver Golden Array, he didn’t feel the need to. The desire to fight burned within him, and it would not be sated until he beat them into submission with his bare hands. 

Gu Yue walked forward in Tang Wulin’s wake, elemental auroras manifesting around her in a shimmering display. Her eyes were glued to his back, never straying for even an instant. 

The Li twins took one step forward at the same time, as if they were of one mind. Their soul rings lit up, the resulting surge of energy whipping their hair into a fiery blaze. Then they took another step, and Tang Wulin was upon them. 

Tang Wulin’s first golden ring shone with majestic light as golden scales rippled into existence across his body. It began at his right arm, continued up and across his torso, and only stopped right before it reached his left arm. His right hand twisted and transformed into a powerful dragon claw. All of this happened as he continued to rush forward, every single move of his filled with resolve. There was no hesitation in his decision to confront two people in direct combat at the same time. 

He stared at Li Mengtian, his eyes seemingly glued to the girl. Just as he reached the pair, however, he immediately stomped a foot into the ground, forcefully changing course to dart directly at Li Mengyang. He ducked low and wound up his clawed fist, and unleashed a powerful punch! 

Li Mengyang snorted, gaze dripping with disdain. He reared back, then leaned forward to belch a torrent of flames right at Tang Wulin. At such close range, it was impossible for Tang Wulin to evade. But he didn’t bother to. Instead, he put more strength into his fist! 

Right at that moment, a wall of ice sprouted out from the ground between Tang Wulin and Li Mengyang. The wall blocked Li Mengyang’s flames, but an instant later, it melted into a puddle and evaporated. That was when Tang Wulin’s fist followed through, rushing into the space the flames had just occupied. 

The elders up on their viewing platform nodded in approval. Gu Yue’s ice wall had been timed perfectly to defend Tang Wulin from the flames. On top of that, it melted quickly enough to allow his attack to continue through. In fact, two walls had been made. The first wall had been thin, just enough to block Li Mengyang’s flames. The second one had appeared to the side of the two combatants, positioned just so to prevent Li Mengtian from interfering. 

Li Mengyang never expected such a perfect combo from Tang Wulin and Gu Yue. However, this didn’t shake him at all. Caught off guard as he was, he still had the advantage as an assault-type soul master of a superior soul power rank. He had nothing to fear.