𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥

Začať od začiatku

"I will see you at the ball, my prince." Saera said, words full of hate.

"You shall, my lady." Jace hissed, the pair shooting each other one last glare before Saera ripped the door shut roughly behind her.

•••

Jacaerys had been gifted black and red leather tunic with the signature red three headed dragon embroidered on the chest, to match his younger brother Lucerys' formal wear.

"What's up with you? You look like you're ready to burn everyone here to ashes." Luke whispered to Jace, the pair entering the great hall behind their mother and step-father. Jace was surprised a ball was still being held after Vaemond's beheading, and dreading the evening of dancing and forcing himself to look polite and content. Not that he was putting much effort into appearing either. The Velaryon boy's mind was full of confusing thoughts, feeling certain he was experiencing almost every emotion all at once.

Jace ignored Luke's words, his moody glare sharp enough to cut anyone who he looked at. Rhaenyra and Daemon noticed Jace's terrible expression, rolling their eyes at one another, sick and tired of his bad attitude. Rhaenyra turned to Jace with an unpleased look on her face.

"What is it now, Jacaerys?" She asked him but he ignored her question, the family walking in to the hall that was bustling and full of people wearing ball gowns and formal attire. The hall glistened gold in the many candles that were lit all over the hall and hanging from the large metal chandeliers above. Golden seven pointed star banners hung from every window. The music echoed throughout the hall and filled Jace's ears, making his head ache. He couldn't force a smile onto his face, his brows furrowed and his jaw clenched. 

"Welcome, everyone! I thank you all for coming!" Everyone turned to face Alicent who was adorned in a velvet dark green dress, her chocolate hair pinned back from her heart shaped face. Beside her stood Ser Criston Cole, his golden cloak glowing in the candle light. "Let the dancing and merriment commence!" Her voice echoed through the hall as the music now became louder and the dance floor began to fill, all noblemen and ladies finding a partner.

Jace watched Rhaena approach Luke with a shy smile which his younger brother returned, offering the girl his arm. Rhaena gladly accepted as Luke let his fiancée towards the dance floor. Jace smiled slightly at the sight of Luke starting to twirl Rhaena around, dancing with her and beaming brightly.

"Jace, why don't you ask Baela for a dance?" Rhaenyra questioned her son, but Jace was continuing to gaze at his little brother and Rhaena, the whole hall full of dancing couples. His eyes then shifted behind Luke and Jace to a familiar white haired couple, smile fading.

Saera wore a pale blue sparkling ballgown with off shoulder puffed sleeves. The dress had a corset which snuggly and tightly held against her upper body, emphasising her tiny waist. Her long white hair had two sections pinned back in a silver dragon clip, with two tendrils framing her face. On her wrists and neck she wore more silver dragon jewellery, her blue eyes gazing up at Aemond who held her gently, guiding her through the dance. On her face was a smile, a beautiful smile, Aemond returning this fond look as he twirled her gently and then pulled her back close to him. Jace's eyes followed the tall boy's hands, watching through narrowed eyes as one gripped Saera's waist and the other falling on the small of her back. Jace felt his temper worsening, and the scowl on his face darkening.

"Hello my prince, would you care to dance?" Baela questioned Jace, snapping him from the dirty look he was shooting at Aemond and Saera. He moved his eyes to Baela, trying his best to soften his expression and push a small smile onto his face. Baela looked beautiful, wearing a maroon coloured evening gown, her hair tied back from her face in a soft up-do. He could feel Rhaenyra and Daemon's eyes on him, awaiting his response.