02 : new cars and new deals

Start from the beginning

Mia smiled at the fact that she was already first in the loop about something not illegal. She took a seat to Lala's right, Lala being by the wall on her left.

Brian hesitated slightly and stepped backwards leaving the garage. She really is Letty's sister? His captain had told him that she was related to Letty when assigning him to the case but he didn't believe him. But her name is Lolita? Lala had told him that her name was Adrianna Aguilar when they met in that diner years ago. He'd known her as Adrianna or her nickname, Lala, for years! She lied about who she was...to him. It was hypocritical of him to be mad about her lying about her identity since he was doing the exact same thing to everyone else right now but he'd be lying if he said it didn't hurt. He walked off down the street to the junkyard to pick up the new car.

Dom nodded at the two sisters, he knew that Lala wasn't just a stranger or a friend from the past. They looked similar, had the same laugh - that part caught him off guard, they even had the same eyes. Only difference being that Lala's were softer and lighter, more innocent versus Letty's darker and matured eyes.

"I put the pieces together the second you kicked your end out in the race. Letty has the same bad habit." He gave his girlfriend a look as she shoved his arm playfully. "Kidding."

Vince shrugged and tossed his trash in the can near them before sitting across from Lala. "We knew there was a sister, just not that it was you or that you were alive."

Letty looked at them before giving Dom a look almost as if she was asking for permission. He gave her a tight nod before he spoke up. "You're a good driver, with Race Wars coming up we're definitely gonna need your skills on the team. You in?"

"Hell yeah, I'm in." She beamed and sipped her soda, her eyes drifting down to her sandwich to take a bite. Leon shot a look to Dom and Letty shook her head quickly. He gave the same look to Letty before Vince gave them all a confused look. Jesse was doodling on a notepad. Mia stood up and grabbed her books and food from the table.

"I'm going to study and then I'll start on the invoices." She pat Dom's shoulder as she passed him and walked to the back office, closing the door behind her.

Dom watched her walk away and waited until the door was closed. Then he sighed and gave Letty a 'please forgive me' look. "Lo, do you have a job right now?"

She nodded and swallowed her food. "Yeah, I'm on leave for now but I might end up leaving the job once my bereavement leave is over. I'm...relocating."

Letty gave Dom a warning look. If they brought her in then there was no going back from it. She'd had an invisible target on her back for as long as they stayed in the game.

"Hear me out on something here, Lo." Dom stated pleadingly. He then explained everything to her about what they do, the trucks and stealing their loads to sell off to buyers. How much money a cut everyone got, even went into detail about a guy who can get them in on boosting cars. Then he told her how their next job was the night of Race Wars. Dom trusted her, and Lala had all the information Brian would need to take them all down. "How would you feel about joining the actual team? Not just for races but for the trucks as well."

Lala's mouth dropped open and she looked at Letty. She could tell that Dom wasn't joking around based on the look her face held. "You trust me enough to do this with you guys?" She glanced around at everyone, they all held the same faces as Dom and Letty.

"Of course we trust you, you're family." Dom smiled at her and she felt her face getting warm from emotion. She didn't have any family left apart from Letty and Haley, her stepmom. She had some close friends but family was a foreign concept outside of them.

Lala nodded, "okay, I'm in."

Dom then stood up, "welcome to the team, Viper." He tapped the bench with his knuckles. "Let's get to work."