Chapter 487 - The Second Blood Essence Soul Skill

Bluesilver grass. Tang Wulin’s current greatest weakness. It limited the speed of his soul power’s growth, and the effect rippled out, stunting every other aspect of his abilities. Fortunately, he was still young. He could use other methods to increase his soul power if his growth was lacking by the time he turned eighteen. 

Neither Wu Zhangkong nor Shen Yi were worried about Tang Wulin’s chances of entering the inner court. The boy was the youngest fifth-rank blacksmith in all of history. That alone was enough to permit him entry. Moreover, his blacksmithing skills made it easy for him to become a one-word battle armor master. He already had his gauntlet, so it was only a matter of time now before he completed a full set! 

Tang Wulin took in a deep breath, filling his lungs with the refreshing air of Sea God’s Island. His blood essence flowed in reverse as he used Golden Dragon Shocks the Heavens. Waves of might rolled off him, golden lines flaring to life from head to toe. His right arm swelled with strength, scales of the same bright gold manifesting upon it, transforming his hand into a claw.. The scales spread to his shoulders, his chest, then up his neck. 

Wu Zhangkong was familiar with Tang Wulin’s use of blood essence, his eye always on his hopeful student. But when he saw the scales crawl up to cover Tang Wulin’s neck as well, he nearly forgot to breathe. His blood essence became stronger? 

At that moment, two golden rings rose from beneath Tang Wulin. He straightened his back, seeming a couple centimeters taller than before, steady as a mountain. He shone a brilliant gold. The air whipped up into a frenzy around him. His blood essence roared like a raging river, audible even to Wu Zhangkong and Shen Yi a distance away. 

Zhuo Shi watched with bright eyes. He had high expectations for Tang Wulin to begin with, but now the boy was blasting past them! A second golden ring? Didn’t he only have one last time? Just how far will his bloodline go? 

Tang Wulin’s body flashed a brighter gold, his first golden ring lighting up. Strength surged through his swelling muscles. The golden lines on his body transformed into fine scales, thinner than the rest. Apart from his face, the scales covered his entire form. 

Golden Dragon Body. This soul skill further empowered his blood essence. 

Then his second golden ring shone. Eager he was to traverse in newfound territory, to test out the abilities of the second ring. 

From Tang Wulin’s body burst forth a ringing of metal, and once again did his scales shine more resplendently for a moment. Each and every scale a miniature mirror, dazzling in the light. 

Zhuo Shi, Wu Zhangkong, and Shen Yi remained glued to the sight, jaws hanging. What did Wulin do? Why are all of his scales shining? 

In truth, not even Tang Wulin knew what was happening. Rather, he had been too wrapped up with investigating his second blood essence skill. He had tried concentrating, taking in the sensation of the whole transformation. Had concluded it definitely wasn’t a ranged attack. And nothing happened to his soul power after activating the skill. Instead, the skill consumed a large portion of his blood essence reserves, enough to weaken Golden Dragon Shocks the Heavens.

Then, just two seconds after he had activated the skill, his scales dimmed and returned to their original state. There was no other change. 

I-is that it? Is that my second blood essence skill? All it does is make me shiny? What am I? A peacock? He gritted his teeth. I might look good while my scales shine, but what good is that?