𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡. 𝟳

Começar do início

Von looks up from the messages, his phone, when he feels the weight that was on his lap, move.

His eyes follow Asian, as she starts to pick her clothes up, and putting them back on.

Annoyances. Written all over her face.

"Dayvon. You really ain't shit." The girl huffs out, buttoning' her jeans that were now back on. "You over here textin' a bitch. While fucking me."

Von sucks his teeth. The irritation he feels lingers as he watches Asian leave, her words echoing in his mind. Ignoring the lingering frustration, he returns his attention to his phone, contemplating his response to Kentrell's messages.

He types:

𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗩𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗠𝗗𝗔𝗢: Been dealing with some shit. Send me what you talkin' about.

The message goes to seen, but it takes awhile before he gets a response.

A picture of the shaderoom post, with his sister, Kayla, him and Horace.

Von stared at the Shaderoom post, frustration evident in his expression. He muttered curses under his breath, clicking on the headline for a closer look.

The words on the screen fueled his irritation. Rolling his eyes, he returned to his messages, deciding it was time to address the situation.

𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗩𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗠𝗗𝗔𝗢: 312-446-9019
𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗩𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗥𝗠𝗗𝗔𝗢: FaceTime me Ma.

As he waited for Kentrell's response, Von is confused on how the younger male, is upset about this post.

Before his brain could linger on that thought, his phone rang, a FaceTime call from an 'unknown' number. A smile appeared on his face, diamonds in his grills glistening.

Answering the call, the smile remained as he saw Kentrell's face in the camera once it finally connected.

The virtual space was filled with a mixture of quietness and background sounds—Durk's music in Von's space and a children's show in Kentrell's. Von broke the silence, asking if Kentrell had his son, to which Kentrell nodded, "Yeah, we're watching TV together."

Von smiled at the thought, but it faltered when he heard a small voice saying, "You not watch, Mommy." The word hit him unexpectedly.

"Mommy?" Von couldn't hide the surprise in his voice. Kentrell's nod and the initial smile transformed into a more serious expression.

"We should meet up and talk this time," Kentrell suggested, his tone shifting to a more contemplative one. "I'll tell you more about me, and vice versa."

Von agreed with a nod, "I'm down for that, Ma. I got some questions I need to ask you too." The prospect of a face-to-face conversation held a mix of anticipation and uncertainty, but both men recognized the need for an honest discussion about their lives.

In the midst of this uncharted territory, Von spoke, breaking the momentary silence, "Where and when you wanna meet, Ma?" The simplicity of the question held the weight of a new chapter unfolding, a chance for them to bridge gaps and understand each other in ways they hadn't before.

Kentrell considered the logistics, then suggested, "How about we meet at my place? Tomorrow, around noon?"

Von agreed, "Sounds good, Ma. I'll be there." There was a moment of hesitation before Von added, "And, Ma, I miss you."

Kentrell felt a mix of emotions at Von's sincere words. "I miss you too, Dayvon," he admitted, his vulnerability evident.

Von smiled at that, honestly forgetting about that earlier situation with Asian. His smile grew brighter as he saw Kentrell's son enter the frame.

He watched Kentrell suck his teeth, "Kayden, move." He said to the child, who only waved at Dayvon, reciprocating with a friendly wave. "Hey, little folks."

"Hi! I Kayden!" The child introduced himself. Dayvon nodded; the boy looked exactly like Kentrell. "I'm Dayvon."

"How know mommy?" The child asks over the phone, which makes Von eyes go to Kentrell who rolls his eyes.

"Little boy." Kentrell started making the child look at him, "Mind your business, and go back to watchin' Paw Patrol." He says, making the child pout, but doing as he told.

Von mean mug Kentrell through the phone. "Don't talk to him like that." Kentrell turns his attention to the older, "Don't start nigga."

-

The call continued, filled with shared laughter and casual banter. As it approached its end, Von's genuine smile lingered.

"I'll see you tomorrow Ma." he said, and Kentrell reciprocated the sentiment. Laughing when he hears Kayden shouting, "BYE DAYDAY!" Saying, goodbye to Kayden.

With their final goodbyes, they hung up, leaving Von smiling at his phone like an idiot.

-