𝚆𝚎 𝚃𝚒𝚙 𝙾𝚞𝚛 𝙷𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚃𝚘 𝙰 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙳𝚊𝚢

Note: erm feel free to leave comments and stuff...I know it's bad I forgot how to write fanfics :(

You were tired. Heck did tired even begin to start how you felt about how quick this process was at work today. Though it all ended up to this moment..where you would put on that headset for the first time and be put into "an amazing experience". You know what's happened to all the others before you. Oh well..too late now. Really what do you have to lose?

....

"It seems like the new human is a bit..out of it..?"

*earlier today*

"But all will be worth it! You're the person who got chosen to try out this new version we made with the "The Amazing Digital Circus"." your boss says with his palms sweating and a smile on his face. He was trying his hardest to persuade you because you were the only sucker working on 'The Amazing Digital Circus' to show interest in testing it out. Everyone else on your team was too scared to "suddenly die" after putting on the "headset of doom". Honestly, they were all overreacting and everyone who had put on the headset to test it out had a long medical history of illnesses that matched with their reason of death.

For example, that brown haired girl, who you remember always running late into the office, had tried it out last time and died. Seemed to have been diagnosed with severe anxiety. When she had her autopsy, turned out all she had was a heart attack from all her anxiety. Poor girl, you really did like her. What was her name anyways...Pepper? Poppy? Maybe it started with a v..

"Are you still there? Are you gonna..do it or not?" your boss asks as his hand waves in your face snapping you out of your thought. "Yeah sure. Why not! I've worked on the project long enough!" you reply shaking his hand and standing up. "Ah good good. Well I'll see you tomorrow won't I? I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job tomorrow!" he tells you before you nod your head. "Yeah yeah sure- See you tomorrow Mister Able." You respond before dashing out of the office and getting ready to go home.

Until your boss grabs you by the shirt. "Ha ha..we're doing the testing today actually. Go over there and meet up with Eve ok? She'll get you all set up!" he says before letting you go and waving you off. So, with a sigh you walk over to Eve, your boss's assistant? but she was kind of everything in this building when it came to the project. She was at a desk with what looked like the oldest computer ever. It's smell was wretched and so was the vr headset next to it.

"Holy crap Eve! What is that?" you ask, not wanting to even touch it. "Just the beautiful device that will transport you into the new reality we made! Anyways let's get you connected up!" Eve replies forcing you into the seat and starting to tie up tons of wires to you. Some had metal sticking out of the plastic that poked your limbs, hurting you. Though it would all be over soon.

At least that's what Eve said before dropping the headset and telling you to help fix it with her. Which only caused a few more hours to pass until you finally got it on.

You held your breath as Eve finally put it on you. "Oh god it smells horrib-" "I know. I'm starting it. And connecting you to the monitor to check your health status if anything wrong happens. You should be in on 3....2...o n ...."

............

Beep....Beep....Beeeeeeee.....

.....

.....

"The new human is completely unconscious! Jax I told you not to touch them!"

"I bet his ugliness made them pass out."

"Oh shut it fake Picasso."

"W-Wait do you think they know about an exit?"

You wake up.

𝙀𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝘿𝙖𝙮 𝙊𝙣𝙚, 𝙇𝙞𝙡' 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧!

Note: HELP WHY ARE CAINE X READER FANFICS SO BARE OMG-  ERM CAINE NATION PLEASE COME OUT I MADE FOOD!!!