Chapter Eleven - Harry

Start from the beginning

"Yes," Harry said, looking down at himself. He was wearing leather trousers, tall brown boots. He was wearing a belt, the colour brown. By it hung a fake revolver. He was wearing a thin, white button-up, and a brown leather vest over. The vest embroidered with a ton of different patterns. His hair was pushed back by a red bandana, and his eyes were framed by eyeliner. It wasn't much, but he liked it.

"What are the two of you?" Niall asked.

"I'm a police officer," Liam said.

"And I'm a criminal," Zayn said.

From where Harry stood he could barely see the costumes, but he still grinned. "Fabulous."

"And now get in the car," Liam said. "I bet Louis is waiting for us."

* * *

The party hall was big and insanely crowded. The music was loud, and Harry had no idea how he would be able to find Louis in this mess. And he could feel paranoia creep up on him. There were so many people, what if that Oliver guy was among them? 

"Wanna get some drinks?" Niall yelled over the music.

"Where is Lou?" Harry said.

"No clue," Zayn said. "I'll text him. In the meantime, let's get some drinks in. The night is young and I need to get laid."

Liam whistled. "You have high hopes."

"Always." Zayn sent him a challenging eyebrow. "Wanna come with me?"

"To get laid?"

"No, drinks, you idiot."

"We are all coming," Niall said. He grasped Harry's wrist. "Don't worry, Curly, Louis will find us. Maybe he's not even here yet."

"But..." Harry wanted Louis. He didn't want the party, or to get insanely drunk, he just wanted Louis. "Fine."

"That's the spirit."

They found the bar. Two bartenders had been hired, pouring up drinks faster than Harry thought possible.

"Shots?" Niall asked their small group. "Sounds good?"

"Yeah, sure," Harry said, his eyes fleeting around the room. Where was Louis?

He pulled his phone out, seeing if there was any new notification from 'Handsome Boy'. Harry really needed to change that name. He would prefer if it was 'Lou' and perhaps he would add a silly little emoji next to it.

There was no new notification.

"Don't worry, Harry," Zayn said as the bartender poured up shots. "I texted him. He'll be here in ten."

Harry let out a relieved breath. "Alright. That's good. Yeah, that's nice."

Zayn smirked. "Don't worry, you'll get plenty of time to make out with him."

Harry's cheeks turned red. "Maybe."

The shots finished filling. Four for each of them.

"Bottoms up!" Niall said, Zayn and Liam cheering on him as he downed four shots in a row. Harry smiled as well, trying to cheer along, but he wasn't feeling it. Parties really never had been his thing.

As he eyed his shots, wondering if he should get on with it, someone spoke behind him.

"You sure look like someone who is having fun."

Harry turned around, startled, his eyes landing on Louis standing behind him.

"Lou!" he exhaled, his face breaking into a grin. He let his eyes trail over Louis' costume, lips parting. Louis was dressed as a firefighter. He was wearing a white T-shirt, black, baggy trousers with reflectors. There were red suspenders that helped keep the trousers up, and he was wearing boots that made him an inch taller than usual. On his belt, there was hanging a firefighter helmet.