Part 1

Carol couldn't not sleep. She was laid in her bedroom of hers and Maria's old house waiting for Monica to come back. She was stuck like this for the past few weeks. Unable to sleep thinking of Monica and Kamala's words "we can fly the plane when Monica is back". How long until she would be back though? The only peace she held with her is that the khan family was staying with her for a while she wasn't alone. But she missed her niece. She missed her best friend. She missed her girlfriend. "Shit Val I haven't text her" she thought out loud as she stretched to get her earth phone.

*im sorry*

That's all she could write. There was a surge of light outside the house before she knew it. She ran down the stairs and to the front porch where she saw her. The woman that had comforted her many times before. She didn't speak neither of them did. Val simply opened her arms and welcomed the blond into them. They stood there for a while enjoying each other's presents.

"Baby what happened?" Val finally asked as she pulled her head away keeping the blonde close.

"We lost Monica. She closed the portal and didn't get through. I tried to save her but I couldn't. She wouldn't let me" Carol rambled with tears rolling down her eyes.

"Babe she will be ok from what you've told me Monica is the smartest person in the world she will find her way back to you. Ok. And we have people at Asgard that will help. Don't blame your self for this Marv" Valkyrie told the woman making sure to look into her eyes.

She was stroking the back of the woman's neck with her two index fingers.

"Can we go inside where it's warm please car. Im getting cold here"

Carol nodded her head as she took one of vals hands and pulled her upstairs into her bedroom.

"Kamala and her family are asleep. So be quite" the blond whispered as they got to the top of the stairs. The other woman only nodded when they got into the room Val found her self some comfy clothes to get into from carols draw and got in what would normally be her side of the bed. She pulled the blond towards her and Carol rested her head on her shoulder.

"I'm not going to make you promise me you know it's not your fault. Because you will be lying to me even though it wasn't you fault and you did everything in your power Carol." She started stroking her fingers through the long blond  hair of her lover.

Carol only nodded her head and looked at the brunett she gave her a sad smiled and kissed the corner of her mouth.

"Baby why were you sorry when you text me" Val asked a little while later.

Carol looked at the woman with tears in her eyes again. "Because I didn't text when I came back to earth. Because I didn't tell you I was struggling"

Val kissed the woman's hair and make Carol look at her. "Never be sorry. I guessed you needed time. Anyway you texted me tonight so now I'm here and we are together."

Carol could only smile as she lent up to kiss her girlfriend. It was slow and passionate.

"You're the best" Carol giggled as you snuggled into Val again.

"Sleep baby we will talk more in the morning."  Valkyrie whispered into her hair and placed a kiss there.

Both women fell to their slumber sooner than expected both glad they was in each other arms meaning they both will sleep good tonight.