"Kreacher does not know where the other locket is.." He groans, stepping out from behind the desk a bit further. "Yes, but did you ever see it? Was it in this house?" Hermione steps up, getting fed up with this house elf, surprisingly. 

"You filthy Mudblood! Death Eaters are coming--" Kreacher beings to yell, before I snatch a metal ladle off the table beside me and swing my hand back, ready to throw it at this scournful creature. Ron quickly goes to stop me, grabbing my wrist and wrapping an arm around me to keep me from charging at Kreacher for disrespecting Hermione, "And blood traitor, Weasley--" 

Hermione steps in front of me saying my name calmly as Harry approaches Kreacher further with the locket, "Answer her!" The house elf braces his arms in front of his face, attempting to shield himself from Harry, "..Yes. It was here, in this house. A most evil object.." 

Harry further interrogates him, "How do you mean?" 

"Before Master Regulus died, he ordered Kreacher to destroy it, but no matter how hard Kreacher tried, he could not do it.." Kreacher backs himself into the closed doorway of the next room as Harry asked about the locket's whereabouts now, "Did someone take it?" 

"He came in the night. He took many things, including the locket," As Kreacher spoke, Ron let me go and took the ladle out of my hand, placing it on the dining table behind him. He gently wrapped his arms around my shoulders from behind me, probably just to hold me back from something like that happening again. I feel my heart beat pump through my chest as I place my hands on his arms, resting my chin on him. 

I tune back in to the dire conversation being had in front of me and hear a name, Mundungus Fletcher, come from Kreacher. 

"Find him." Harry states, causing Kreacher to apparate away.

***

Awaiting Kreacher's return, we all find ourselves bored out of our minds and listening to the radio, the newest Minster of Magic Pius Thicknesse rambling on and on about how he will make the Wizarding world better by interrogating every employee of the Ministry individually and torturing them if they have nothing to say. Load of rubbish the ministry has become, eh?

I'm sat on the floor by the piano, where Ron is sat at, fiddling with some keys. I find myself drawing in the dust mildly laid on the floor, letting my mind wander. As I doodle, I see a pair of shoes stood in front of me. I glance up, catching a glimpse of plaid and Ron's handsome face. He tilts his head, squinting at the ground between us. 

"How long have you been stood there?" I ask, breaking his focus from my little doodle. He shrugs, "Not long," he looks back down at the drawing, "What's that of?" I look down at my doodle of Venus in the dust with a shrug, "Just a little doodle of Venus. I wonder where she's at.." 

Ron tilts his head the opposite way, squinting once more. I pat the spot next to me, "Join me." He smiles and takes a seat next to me, crosslegged, "I'm sure she's fine, yea? She'll be alright." He draws a simple little heart by Venus' head in the dust, causing me a small bit of airy laughter. "Here's to hoping, then," I respond, blowing the dust off my finger in his direction. He swats the air with a small smirk and an airy laugh. 

I feel butterflies fill my stomach as he looks at me intently, his cerulean gaze piercing mine so gently, I can't help but stare. He lifts his hand to twist a lock of my loose hair around his finger, looking at it, then back at me sweetly. A soft smile grows on his freckled face, as we sit silently staring at one another. 

My heart thumps in my ears as he drops his hand down to mine on the floor, interlacing our fingers. I sigh a bit harsher than I meant to, as I turn my gaze to our hands, thinking about us and how we'll end up with everything thats going on now. I hate the thought of losing him at any rate, even if it's as stupid as a school girlfriend we both hated. All of this running about destroying Horcruxes, fighting Death Eaters and poor Harry.. I just hate the thought of losing any one of them. These three saved me, I honestly don't know where I'd be right now if it wasn't for them.

I feel him lean closer, attempting to regain my attention, "We'll be fine, yeah? I'm not going anywhere," He smiles pleasantly as I lift my gaze to his once again reluctantly, "I can tell where your mind is headed already, don't let it. I'll be with you no matter what, got it?" I nod slowly, an involuntary smile makes its way onto my face. 

"See, there it is! That beautiful smile of yours," Ron airily laughs, beaming at me, making me giggle and roll my eyes, playfully looking away. He taps at my chin with his free hand, "Look at me, darling," My eyes follow him first, my head turning slowly to face him afterwards, a ghost of a smile ever present on my face. Ron lets his hand down to my leg, just about the bottom of my thigh. He leans impossibly closer, any remainder of a smirk having left his face.

My face drops in surprise, my eyes widen. I glance down at his lips and my heartbeat quickens, I feel it in my ears once more. I look back up at his eyes and he's done the same. I notice his eyebrows begin to knit in worry and I lift my hand up to gently caress his cheek. He exhales unevenly as he leans closer, his nose bumping mine softly as his breath grazes my lips. 

Theres an absurdly loud bang in the kitchen, startling me out of his grasp. Seems as though that happens every time, doesn't it? Ron's head follows Harry and Hermione as they race over from their conversation on the couch, heading into the kitchen. He goes to stand, offering me a hand to stand up as well. I take it and he pulls me up, dragging me by the hand towards the kitchen. 

In waltzes Mundungus Fletcher, Kreacher and oddly enough, Dobby, having aided in the thief's return. Hermione quickly disarms him before he even has the chance to try anything, he waddles over to the table, rubbing the back of his bald head, in pain from hitting the floor.

"Whatchu playin at? Settin a pair of bleedin house elves on me?" He puts himself between the table and the rest of us, Dobby swiftly climbing onto the table claiming he was just trying to help out Harry. "Dobby saw Kreacher in Diagon alley, which Dobby thought was curious, and then Dobby heard Kreacher mention Harry Potter's name, and then Dobby saw Kreacher talking with the thief, Mundungus--"

"Oi, I'm no theif! You foul little git.. I'm a purveyor of rare and wondrous objects." Mundungus attempts to plead his case while they walk across the dining room floor, the house elves walking on the table alongside them.

"You're a thief, Dung, everyone knows it." Ron steps up from the doorway, Dobby runs towards him, "Master Weasley! So good to see you again!" The two shake hands and Ron compliments Dobby's new shoes, "Wicked trainers." 

Mundungus knocks over a pile of books, backing himself into a corner, "Listen, I panicked that night, all right? Can I help it if Mad-Eye fell off his broom?" He sits himself into a chair, already well against the rest of us.

Harry steps up as Kreacher pokes at his hands with his own wand, "When you turned this place over-- and don't deny it-- you found a locket, am I right?" Mundungus begins to cower into himself, "Why? Was it valuable?"

"You've still got it?" Hermione asks curiously. Ron tsks and replies, "Nah, he's worried he didn't get enough money for it."

"Bleedin give it away, didn't I?" Fletcher finally begins spilling his guts, "There I was, floggin me wares in Diagon Alley, when some Ministry hag comes up and asks to see me license. Says she's a mind to lock me up! And she woulda done, too, if she hadn't have taken a fancy to that locket."

"Who was she, the witch? Do you know?" Harry tilts his chin up, expecting a fast answer. "No, I.." He begins to talk, but then he looks at the ground, one of the newspapers he had toppled off the table along with the books, he picks it up, showing us and standing, "Well she's there, look. Bleedin bow and all." 

Tossing the newspaper on the table, we all see it's the one and only Dolores Umbridge, the witch who took over Hogwarts in our fifth year. I sigh, dropping my head back on Ron's shoulder, who's stood behind me. Just our luck, of course.

Hey everyone, im glad i finally got this one out before next week, it'll be a rough one for me honestly, theres a lot going on. So, i hope you all enjoy this one for the time being, also i just went back to the order of the phoenix and i read the department of mysteries chapter and its nothing like the one i have written so i'd either have to like rewrite the whole ending of the 5th book or just leave it as is and not have Ron with his scars unfortunately. idk what to do rn so maybe if you guys have any ideas, shoot em my way! alrighty, this is it for now, i really like writing this one :)

Word Count: 2353