Second Past

[Jennette knelt down and held Penelope in front of the garden

[Jennette knelt down and held Penelope in front of the garden. Wearing a sun hat, she smiled at her daughter who was just turning two years old yesterday.

Cale and Jennette couldn't afford to host a huge party with the strangers, or even the potential enemies, among them. It was because the hunters had shown up unexpectedly in the northeast region where they had been visiting the Henituse Ducal for the past few weeks.

They were effectively trapped in the Hentiuse mansion.

So they decided to host a small, private party with only friends and family members.

"Mama. Why did rose fall?"

"That's because they're not watering enough, Penny."

"Can Pene use magic this rose?"

"No, it will hurt your body."

Hold up, Chief-ssi, hurt Penelope's body?" Derrick asked confused, "Is that why she can't use her mana because it'll hurts her body?"

"Correct, though more specifically, it's hurts her core mana, Derrick Eckhart."

"Core Mana? Also, why did you call my full name, Chief-ssi?"

"I just felt like it,"
the observer said mockingly.

"You! I could have killed you right now for your insolence!"

"You can't. I'm an omniscient observer and you're just a lowly mortal. I could easily kill you, but I didn't, did I?"

She smirked at Derrick's constipated expression.

["Pene want!"

"No. You will make Mama sad if you use magic."

"Your mother's right, princess. You will also make Papa sad too."

"Ah! Cale!" Jennette looked up as Cale quietly crept up behind her. "Don't scare me, Cale!" she exclaimed, beating her chest where her heart was still pounding rapidly.

Cale smiled apologetically and said, "Sorry, Jennie." He looked at his small daughter. "Listen to your mother."

Penelope pulled a face at him, and crossed her little arms and turned away from her parents.]

Cale sweatdropped at this.

Ron spoke in an impressed tone, "Young master, Penelope is advanced and smart for her age. She's just like you when you were younger."