Chapter 382 - A Small bet

“I was just about to try to forge star silver when you called, Teacher. The design for my one-word battle armor’s right gauntlet is completed, so now I just need a high-quality piece of star silver to forge it. It would be of great help to me if you had any good star iron I could use. I won’t ask for much. Just as much star iron as that piece of star silver you wanted to give me would be greatly appreciated,” Tang Wulin said, a smile forming on his lips.

“Get out of here!” Feng Wuyu barely restrained the impulse to kick Tang Wulin out of the room. He had doled out a few words of praise, yet his disciple wasn’t satisfied with that!

Tang Wulin laughed. “I know you have it, don’t you? I’m willing to bet there aren’t many blacksmiths in the entire world with a greater stash than you! Is there really a need to be stingy with me? Just hand it over, please.”

Who’s being stingy here… Feng Wuyu’s anger dissipated in the face of Tang Wulin’s radiant smile. He took out some star iron and placed it on his desk.

“I don’t have anymore, take it and go. Before I get angry.” Feng Wuyu waved his hand in dismissal.

Tang Wulin giggled at his teacher’s resignation. “When are you going to teach me how to forge three-metal alloys?”

Feng Wuyu eyed him up and down. “You haven’t even mastered walking, and now you want to learn how to run? Wait until you can forge ten different two-metal alloys, spirit refine consistently, and forge a divine foundation metal. Then we’ll talk about three-metal alloys.”

“Oh… I’m still far from that.” Tang Wulin sighed, his head drooping. He made for the door, muttering to himself, “I still have two of the three goals to complete. It’s going to take me at least a year to do the other two.”

“Hold on a minute!” Feng Wuyu shouted when he heard what Tang Wulin muttered.

“Huh? Is there something else?” Tang Wulin looked back.

“You said you only have two goals left? Which one did you complete?” Feng Wuyu stared at Tang Wulin wide-eyed. Impossible! Asking him to meet those three goals was harsh! Even I couldn’t complete all of them until I reached the sixth rank!

Feng Wuyu set those three requirements in an effort to put more pressure on Tang Wulin. Of the three, learning to forge ten different two-metal alloys and becoming skilled at spirit refining were fairly easy to master and would come naturally with time. Tang Wulin had already succeeded once at spirit refining, but he hadn’t practiced that since his first success. As far as the alloys went, he’d been practicing for a few days now and could forge a couple of them. Yet he still muttered about completing one of the three requirements!

Feng Wuyu never even considered the possibility that Tang Wulin had forged a divine foundation metal. A sixth-rank blacksmith only had a sliver of a chance to succeed, and even a Saint Blacksmith had to rely more on luck than skill to forge a two-metal divine foundation alloy. A fledgling fifth-rank blacksmith succeeding was unheard of.

Tang Wulin smirked, but remained silent.

Feng Wuyu threw a bit of iron at Tang Wulin’s head. “What are you smiling for? Tell me before I beat your ass! Which one did you finish? Did you sneak off to Mu Chen to learn how to forge more alloys? Or did you secretly practice spirit refining? There’s no way you did any of that with what little time you have!”

“Why couldn’t I have forged a divine foundation metal?” Tang Wulin words dripped with condescension.

Feng Wuyu rolled his eyes and snorted. “In your dreams maybe. But this is reality! Wake up and tell me. Or did that not hurt?”

Golden Dragon Tang Wulin 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें