Chapter Ten - Louis

Start from the beginning

Louis hoisted up in his bag. "I thought you would maybe want some company."

"But... I'm sick."

"And?" Louis raised a challenging eyebrow.

"I could smite you."

"I have four sisters, Harold. I'm immune to all diseases."

"If you think like that, you won't live for long."

Louis shrugged. "I'll survive. I missed you."

A smile formed on Harry's lips. "I missed you, too."

"Plus, I brought soup and the best tea in the world."

Harry's eyes lit up. "You're amazing."

Louis' face flared. "I've been told."

Harry grinned slightly. "Come in." He stepped aside, shuffling into the kitchen. His blanket was following behind him like a cape.

Louis took off his shoes and followed him. Harry had propped himself onto the counter, resting his head against the cabinet next to him.

Louis chuckled, placing his bag on the counter. "Want your soup now?"

"If you don't mind," yawned Harry. "I would love that."

Louis set to work with warming the soup in the microwave. Harry observed him from the counter, lips slightly parted.

While the soup got heated, Louis set some water to boil in the kettle. He hummed a Beatles song while he found spoons and a mug, bopping his head along to his inner voice.

"Look at you," yawned Harry. "Doing work in the kitchen."

Louis quirked up an amused eyebrow. "I'm not completely hopeless, love. I know how to use a microwave."

"And how to boil water."

"I'm a man of many talents."

Harry rolled his eyes fondly, sniffing.

"Are you cold?" Louis asked.

"I feel cold and on hot all at once," Harry said.

Louis hummed. "Want more clothes?" He took the soup out of the microwave.

Harry shook his head. "Just wanna watch you. Okay, that sounded creepy."

Louis wriggled his eyebrows. "Perhaps. Reminds me, how has the job been?"

"How does creepiness remind you of my new job?"

"Don't ask questions." Louis put the soup in a bowl, adding a spoon.

"Yes, sir."

"But really," Louis said, "how was it?"

Harry let out a cough, hitting his chest slightly—Louis made sure to pour the water up in the mug, adding the tea bag. "It was really fun. Mary, the owner, is a really kind lady. Again, thank you for thinking of me when you saw the poster."

Louis shrugged. "When am I not thinking of you?"

Harry gasped, which led to a coughing fit, but when it was over he rasped, "Are you flirting with me, Tomlinson?"

Louis grinned, winking. "I'm afraid I might just be. And now you need to return to the couch or bed, wherever your habitat is, then I'll bring you soup. And tea."

"Bed," Harry said, scrunching his nose. "Definitely bed." He got down from the counter, holding the blanket close around his body as he patted toward his bedroom.