Chapter Nine - Harry

Start from the beginning

Slowly, Harry began the short trip to the living room. The sound of Louis' laughter reached his ears. It made butterflies set off in his stomach. He loved Louis' laugh.

"Hey, guys," he said, trying to appear nonchalant as he stopped at the door. All the boys were sitting around the TV, working on setting up the PlayStation.

Louis' face lit up. "Harry, hi." Even in sweatpants and a hoodie, hair mushed up, Louis was the most stunning person Harry had ever seen.

"Yeah, Harry," Zayn drawled. "Hi."

Liam cackled.

Louis rolled his eyes, standing up. He walked over the boxes that lay on the floor, beelining for Harry. He was smiling. Harry smiled back.

"Hey," Harry mumbled as Louis stopped in front of him. "Nice seeing you here."

"I can only say the same," Louis said. "I mean, well, it's your apartment and all, but still. I... I like seeing you. A lot. More than a lot. You're pretty."

Harry snorted, shaking his head amusedly. "Thank you, Lou. I can only say the same."

"I'm gagging over here!" called Liam.

"Guys!" Niall called. "Can't you go to the kitchen and begin making hotdogs? I bought the stuff for it."

Louis' eyes found Harry's. "I know shit about cooking."

"I know you don't. You can sit and look pretty on top of the counter?" Harry suggested, and... maybe having Louis here wasn't as awkward as he had expected it to be. Instead, it was as it always was; easy. Being around Louis was so easy in the best way that made him feel light on his feet and in his heart.

Louis grinned, his eyes crinkling. "Yeah, I would love that."

"Good, come on." Harry grabbed Louis' sleeve, pulling him along into the kitchen.

Louis propped himself up on the counter, settling his eyes on Harry as Harry began moving around the kitchen.

"So... you got the job?"

"I did, yeah," grinned Harry. He placed the bread and sausages on the counter. "Thank you for that, by the way. I'm starting tomorrow."

"That's bloody great," exclaimed Louis. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you." Harry stepped closer to Louis, scratching his neck. "I need to... the cabinet above your head... I need a bowl from there."

Louis raised an eyebrow at him. "Is that so?"

"Yeah."

"Then why don't just come closer to get it?"

"Because you're sitting there, duh," Harry said, cheeks heating.

"Ah, right." Louis spread his legs further apart. "Now there's space."

Harry swallowed. "Oh. Alright." He took a step forward, settling between Louis' legs. He tried to ignore the way Louis' thighs were touching him lightly and the way Louis looked at him through his lashes, as he reached into the cabinet. He took out a bowl and placed it down on the counter next to Louis. But he didn't move away.

Louis looked up at him, his eyes darting to Harry's lips. "Hello."

Harry chuckled. "Hi."

"Did I mention I enjoyed myself last night?" muttered Louis.

"You did, yeah," Harry said, trying to bite back a smile. "And I did, too."

"I was wondering if..." Louis trailed off, his eyes darting between Harry's eyes and lips constantly.