The Burden of Choices

Start from the beginning

In agreement, Karan's eyes squinted, a sharp twinge of past sorrow piercing through him.

"Oh, Lord, my child..."

The whole family crumbled, each person blaming themselves in some manner for neglecting Tejasswi and failing to acknowledge her pain. They had gathered to address their issues, but the unexpected disclosure left them speechless.

"I deeply regret unintentionally causing you all pain again, and I ask for your forgiveness once more. I don't mean to be callous, but I can't take a chance that might subject Tejasswi to similar agony."

A heavy silence enveloped the Sharma family, their voices quiet in the face of Karan's resolve. Though they wished to grant Rashmi's final request, they refrained from pressuring Karan, wary of being accused of bias.

The lingering silence was interrupted by Shashank, who once again entreated,

"Alright, Mr. Kundrra, I completely understand and respect your decision for Tejasswi's wellfare, but I implore you to hear me out one last time."

Karan's face tightened as he turned to him, arms crossed firmly against his chest.

"Fine, go ahead."

"Rashmi is fading away, and she's enduring immense suffering. She attributes her condition to her own karma, wrongly implicating Tejasswi. It's her final wish to seek forgiveness from Tejasswi before departing for the afterlife."

"Mr. Kundrra, I beseech you to weigh the last wish of a person on their deathbed and potentially reconsider your decision," Mayesha added promptly.

"Indeed, Mr. Kundrra, please give it another thought," Shekhar and Ishan said simultaneously.

They gazed at Karan's impassive face, each harboring their own hopes and intentions, driving them to engage in these fervent appeals, all with the shared aim of ensuring Tejasswi would journey to Delhi and adopt Rashmi's child.

At four weeks pregnant, Mayesha hopes that Tejasswi will step in to care for Rashmi's child, as she fears the responsibility might land on her own shoulders. Though she bears no grudges against Rashmi or Tejasswi and equally pities the unborn baby, she is determined to prevent history from repeating itself with her own child in the Sharma family.

Ishan is still under his family's influence, and he has no say in front of them yet. Though he promised he would support her decision, she is not sure he will not go back on his words.

On the flip side, the grandparents, approaching the final chapter of their lives, are preoccupied with thoughts of the afterlife. Their greatest wish is for both of their granddaughters to reconcile, allowing Rashmi to find solace in her final moments and their departed daughter to finally rest in peace. This can only come to fruition if Tejasswi goes to Delhi and grants forgiveness to Rashmi.

Meanwhile, Shekhar is insistent on Tejasswi's return to Delhi, motivated primarily by his own selfish desires. As a greedy father, he yearns for his daughter's affection, fully aware that after pushing her away so harshly, the chances of rekindling that love are slim.

Under the guise of Rashmi's medical condition, he's employing a tactic to sway Tejasswi into returning home. His true objective is to mend his relationship with his daughter, and it stops at just that.

Karan scrutinized their faces to discern the situation, and his hawkish gaze quickly detected the underlying motives they harbored.

With greater determination, he countered, "Regardless of the circumstances, my answer remains an unwavering no. I urge you, as Tejasswi's family, to please do not drag her into this. Return to your city in a spirit of unity; I ask this of you respectfully."

Karan's resolve was palpable in both his tone and expression, which left them disheartened. However, a few of them refused to yield.

"Very well, Mr. Kundra, I'll proceed as you advise. But I earnestly request that you take your time and reevaluate your decision after we've left. There's still three months before the baby arrives, so please reflect on it thoughtfully. Rest assured, you have my support in ensuring Tejasswi's happiness. Let's call it a night then," Janki said, bringing the discussion to a close before making her way to her room.

Karan strode out purposefully and headed towards the elevator, with Shekhar following closely behind.

"Mr. Kundrra, I acknowledge that adopting another person's child is a profound undertaking. I did it to fulfill a favor owed to my sister. If you ever succeed in convincing Tejasswi to forgive me in the future, I will be forever indebted."

This was the ultimate request he had in mind when he sought out Karan. After voicing his sentiments, he began to turn away, only to be stopped by Karan.

"I apologize if this comes across as blunt, but I grasp the favor you're talking about. It's crucial to acknowledge that you set this chain of events in motion, and I won't allow it to negatively impact my wife's life."

"What are you talking about?" Shekhar asked with a frown.

Karan narrowed his eyes. The findings of the Delhi investigation that Vicky had presented to him, along with Sudha's blackmail to put off the marriage announcement, flashed vividly in his mind.

"I know that Rashmi is not your niece but your biological daughter, conceived with your secretary out of wedlock. Your family remains oblivious to this truth, and that's why your sister assumed the responsibility of hiding her brother's secret from the world."