01

convenience store [ ⎷ ]
01 - new environment

the new apartment is just the same size as the last one. but less ratty, less broken, and more stable. there was no leaking water from the ceiling, and there were no squeaks running across the floor. this one has wooden floor too and not unpolished cement.

"how do you like it? good for a cheap price, right?" the lady landlord smiled warmly, allowing herself in before the yellow haired boy could enter.

she strolled around with light footsteps, looking around as she was the one who's going to live there, "15,000 yen sounds about right."

came entering after the woman was a skinny, oversized-clothed boy. he walked slowly with hesitant footsteps, eyes gazing through the bangs hanging right over his nose with analyzation. he was fiddling with the hem of his loose jacket, trying not to stutter as he spoke, "... right u-uhm ... i .."

takemichi chewed on his bottom lip, not confident enough to meet the kind landlord's eyes and tell her that he barely has half of the money to pay for the first month, "i only have ... 5,000 with me right now and .."

"oh kiddo." the landlord softened right when the boy took a step back, indicating that he's about to leave and find another that's much cheaper, "this is the only cheapest place in this area. i don't think you can find another. plus, with the things you're carrying..." the landlord grimaced softly.

the yellow haired boy bashfully looked over his shoulder and to the things that he brought with him on hand and on foot: the bag of futon and pillow, a small luggage of his few clothes, folding chair and table, and that's it. but they were still heavy.

it only took a moment for the landlady to stare at the boy before her heart couldn't take it and spoke out of mercy, "s-say! you pay me 3,000 every week, starting next sunday? so by the end of the month, your payment is complete. we can work with that, right?"

that made the blond think for a moment. the first part sounded convincing, especially since he already check most part of the area and this is by far the cheapest apartment. and he'll have to apply for a part time job if he's gonna pay 3,000 next week.

takemichi cleared his throat before nodding, "a-alright. i can work w-with that ..."

the nice landlady clapped, "good! if you're decided, here's the contract. just fill out this form while i get my staff to work on the refrigerator and water work. we turn them off when no one's living in the room." the woman beamed and gave the clipboard with the form, leaving him to settle and take in the place in silence.

this one has a window, at least. right next to the door. it's convenient for not getting locked inside with all the heat and no air. but he'll have to be careful with that since he doesn't know who else lives in the complex.

with the cheap price, it's high quality already. he won't have to buy a mini fridge because it's already provided. there's no air conditioner but he can work with a fan.

takemichi waddled over the bathroom. it has a shower head too. he can work with everything here.

now, he just have to fill out the contract and worry about finding a part time job.

and school.

s0b
thank you for giving this story a chance!

to be continued