𝐯𝐢. 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮

chapter sixit all comes back to you

chapter six
it all comes back to you

       WITHIN THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS, Jaime Reyes adjusted to his life back in Palmera City. One thing he always loved to do whenever he was home, was to visit his friends. This also consisted of them hanging out, going to their favorite places, and reliving their old high school days. These moments were priceless to him.

      When he's home, it was like no time has passed. The love he feels for his family is what motivates him to do right by themand to become a better person.

     One place that he tends to use as an escape will always be the roof of the house, which overlooks the beauty of the city. Here he was, with Milagro, and of course, a pack of beer.

      The siblings were reminiscing about their old memories, including Jaime's twenty-first birthday. Listen, Jaime waited forever to finally turn twenty-one! That day's festivities were blank to him. All he knows is that he took every chance to drink, drink, and drink.

      After making their jokes, the sad truth settles in Jaime's mind. "I can't believe we're losing this place,"

Milagro responds, "It was rough." She's sorry that Jaime was left in the dark about everything. Truthfully, it was for the best. His main focus had to be completing school. Then, he was all the way in Gotham. It wouldn't make sense for him to leave, running back to Edge Keys, leaving behind his studies. Why would his family want to put him through that?

"Well, I'm not leaving again." Jaime takes a sip of his beer. No, he couldn't leave and watch his family suffer. "What about grad school?" Milagro questions Jaime about his future plans.

His eyes fall on her, "Well, that's not gonna help the family." He then looks away, "I can't get us into even more debt."

His dreams were important, yes, but his family's troubles were more of a priority. It wouldn't feel right if he abandoned them while he continued to chase his goals.

"Animo, bro," Milagro states, reassuring him that things will be just fine. "Okay, you always land on your feet. You're Jaime," She playfully says his name, sharing a grin with him.

     Jaime appreciates his sister's energy. "Thank you, but..." He softly shakes his head. Letting out a tiring sigh, his lack of enthusiasm made its way to the surface. "This wasn't how it was supposed to happen, Milly."

"What was supposed to happen?"

       "I was supposed to make it out. I was supposed to get all of us out of here." Jaime wouldn't say that he felt like a failure or anything like that. He imagined a certain life for thema life free of struggles.