𝐯. 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐨, 𝐣𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞

chapter fiveanimo, jaime

chapter five
animo, jaime

𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

     PALMERA CITY, his home ever since he was a little boy. Now, he's returned with the degree he worked so hard for. Jaime could feel the excitement pumping through his veins. Nothing is going to ruin his mood, not even the stranger who told him that he looks like he's six figures in debt. It was a little discouraging but none of that mattered when his eyes landed on his family at the airport.

     He sneaks up behind them, graduation cap on his head, suitcase being pulled behind him. His family was welcoming once they saw him. Jaime approaches his dad first, wrapping his arms around him in a hug. "The graduate is here!" Alberto cheers, triumphed to see his only son.

     As a mother, Rocio wanted to make sure that her son's flight went smoothly. "How was your flight?" She was the next person in line to get a hug from the Reyes boy.

     "Good," Jaime answers, the huge grin failing to disappear off his face. It was a delighted moment. "Are you hungry?" Rocio asks. Jaime pulls away from his mother, "Of course."

    Milagro shoved a balloon towards her older brother, showing a lack of excitement that the rest of their family members shared. Deep down, she was happy to see him. "Here. It's all they had. Welcome back, bro."

     "Thank you," It was his little sister, one of his closest allies. He's going to appreciate any gift given by her, even if it said, A Baby Boy, on it. He turns to his grandmother, "Nana!" He starts to speak his native language with the older woman, basking in the affection she is showering him with. She tells him that she's proud of him.

    Alberto Reyes joins in, "Finalmente Juntos!," (Finally together!), "Now we hug!" Having family hugs was apart of their family tradition. Nothing else is more important to Jaime than his family. Providing a well-deserved life for his loved ones is one of his aspirations. It started with attending college, and now he's praying that he finds a stable job. Life after college is difficult. Jaime's heard about it and he hopes he's an exception.

There was one person that he expected to see, but he didn't glimpse him at all. "Hey, where's Uncle Rudy?" Jaime's partner in crime, one of his favorite people ever. "Let's go outside and wait on him," Alberto suggests to his family.

Pulling up to the sidewalk, Rudy arrived in his most prized possession. It could be debated that he cherishes his truck more than anything in the world. The familiar horn that Jaime always heard, indicated that Rudy was here. "Eso mi Rudy!" (That's my Rudy!) Jaime was ecstatic. In the driver's seat, with the window down, Rudy chuckles, "Welcome back, pinche college boy." The bond that the two share was unbreakable.