Book2, Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

Yuu and the others yelped in surprise, even Grim freezing as he was reaching for Jamil's food.

"Oh, right!" Kalim cried, recalling something. "Because your signature spell is—" Jamil shoved his hand over the heir's mouth, his eyes flashing with a moment of panic and warning.

"Why'd you put your hand over my mouth?!" Kalim spluttered.

"Because we're not talking about me here." Jamil replied coolly. "Anyway, my theory is that someone was controlling my movements with magic."

Yuu narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Jamil's desperate attempt to keep Kalim from revealing anything about his signature spell. That was suspicious, right? Maybe I'm overthinking...

Cater cleared his throat. "Interesting... That WOULD be a way to hurt people and have it appear like it was nothing more than the victim's own carelessness." Yuu looked at Cater, who seemed to be pondering the images, seemingly unbothered by Jamil's reaction to Kalim's words. Yuu sighed as she let her earlier thoughts be buried.

"And if it only lasted an instant, even the victim might perceive it as his own mistake." Riddle gasped with realization. "When I nearly fell down the stairs, I never felt as though I was being controlled against my will."

"Well, I guess this is kind of a lead?" Cater suggested, looking at Yuu curiously. "What's our next move, guys?"

"A spell that can control someone..." Grim mumbled before smiling, forgetting the intent to steal the food from the boys. "If I could learn how to cast that, I could really clean up on bakery day!"

Yuu rolled her eyes. "Yeah? Not letting that happen you hungry little gremlin." She remarked, making Grim grumble.

"I ain't a gremlin!"

"Such small-mindedness..." Riddle rolled his eyes, gently brushing past Yuu to make eye contact with Grim. "Truly, Grim? That's as far as your ambitions extend?"

As Riddle and Grim bickered, a memory began to bubble up, one that Yuu had not paid much mind to. She frowned deeply as she recalled the events of bakery day.

"Man, imagine eating all the deluxe grilled cheese I wanted– huh?" Grim muttered, licking his lips before he noticed the look on Yuu's face. "Henchman, you good?"

"This seems more familiar than I'd originally thought..." She muttered. "Grim... do you remember bakery day?"

"How could I forget!" Grim growled. "That sandwich thief stole my deluxe grilled cheese right outta my paws!"

"Well?" Yuu looked at Grim expectantly. "Don't you remember what you told me?"

Grim paused, thinking deeply as the little wheels in his head turned. After a good two minutes, Grim's eyes widened and his head shot up.

Grim screamed loudly at the realization.

"WHOA! Why are we screaming?!" Kalim yelped at the sudden scream.

"I, Grim, Expert Detective, have solved the case! I know who's got that signature spell!" Grim announced as Yuu nodded.

Riddle looked at Yuu, confused and curious. "What? Who?"

"It's that boy. The culprit is...Ruggie Bucchi!" She announced, as the Heartslabyul boys and the Scarabia boys looked at her incredulously.

"Ruggie? That lil' dude from Savanaclaw?" Cater questioned.

"Yes. During bakery day, Grim had gotten his hands on that Deluxe grilled cheese sandwich and got approached by Ruggie. He'd said that it felt as if his paws were moving on his own." She quickly explained, Riddle's eyes widening.

"I see. Let's track him down and see what he has to say."

Cater typed something quickly into his phone before nodding. "Looks like Ruggie's in class 2B."

Riddle nodded his thanks before turning to the Scarabia boys. "Thank you both for your cooperation!"

Yuu followed Riddle's example; "Yes, thank you!" Before she scrambled after the boys.

Kalim blinked in confusion before smiling brightly enough to almost blind Yuu.

"I'm still kinda lost here, but good luck!" 

A/N: 

Hey guys! Sorry this took so long, I had a lovely series of tests and almost died by stress, but I lived and I've brought this! Thanks so much for reading!

Nyx