Chapter Seven - Harry

Start from the beginning

"You can come visit soon. Actually, let's all get together a weekend now that we won't be spending Christmas together, yeah?"

"I would love that," Harry said, stretching his limbs. "Not the weekend of Halloween, though. Niall is dragging me to a party for the people at the University." Unwelcome memories washed over him from their last party. He swallowed. "It will be... fun." He just hoped that Oliver guy wouldn't show up again.

"You're willingly going to parties?" Anne asked.

"Did you hear the part where I said dragging?"

"I did, but... yeah okay. Will Louis be there, too?"

"Mom."

"Will he?"

"I think so?" It came out as a question.

"How long have you known him?" Anne asked.

"A few weeks," Harry said. "I met him at a Starbucks."

"Is that a romantic meet-up nowadays? You should know, you write about it."

Harry chuckled. "Maybe? Depends on who you ask."

"Do you think he likes you, too?"

"I mean, he's gay," Harry said, "so there's always a chance."

Anne hummed. "I'm happy to hear things are going well, baby. And I'm happy to hear you're happy at school, and hopefully able to be yourself... right?"

"It's not like I walk around with a sign that says I'm a fag, Mom, but yeah, people are all in all pretty accepting."

Anne chuckled. "Alright, that's good. I think I'll hang up now, alright, dear? I have some paperwork to do."

After they had hung up, Harry let out a breath, checking the time. He had a lecture in an hour, and he still had to build his dresser. He groaned.

Seconds later, Niall showed up at his door. "You groaned? What's wrong."

"My mom ghosting me on Christmas and telling me about anal sex is what's wrong," Harry said. "Plus I have that fucking dresser from Ikea that doesn't wanna get built on its own, and I just.... ugh, I miss Louis." He sat up.

"I see," Niall said. "Wait—she told you about anal sex?"

"Yeah," Harry said, letting out a puff of air. "Does she have, like, a sense that her son is a virgin or something?"

"Eh, probably not, but considering you've never had a boyfriend—"

"Wait, do you think that would matter to Louis?" Harry asked. "That I... you know, never have..." He trailed off, gesturing in the air.

"I highly doubt it, Curly," chuckled Niall. "Relax."

"But what if that matters to him," Harry said, his voice an octave higher.

"Why are you thinking about that now?" Niall asked.

"Because... Mom mentioned lube," Harry said, letting his arms fall to the side. "And the fucking dresser doesn't wanna do its dresser job, and... and... I will be spending Christmas alone this year, and... I haven't seen Louis in six days. And I'm a virgin, who likes this... smoking hot boy who probably has a ton of experience with... well, men."

Niall looked like he had a hard time containing his laughter.

"Don't laugh!" Harry said. "I'm spiralling!"

"I figured as much." Niall moved to sit beside Harry on the bed, draping an arm around Harry's shoulders. "Does it help if I tell you I'm sure Louis feels the same way about you?"