Chapter Six - Louis

Start from the beginning

"Alright," Louis said, biting down on his bottom lip to stifle his smile. It didn't work.

They hung up, and from the couch came Liam's voice, "Just ask him out already!"

"You know what?" Louis said, looking at his phone. "I think I actually will."

Zayn, who was sitting on the floor, whistled. "Look who finally grew some balls."

* * *

Harry opened the door the following day, wearing pyjamas. His hair was ruffled, and he looked like he had just gotten up from bed. He looked absolutely perfect.

"Hey," breathed Louis, fiddling with his camera.

Harry smiled. "Hi. Come in." He stepped aside, letting Louis follow him into the apartment. "I haven't gotten dressed yet, or eaten, 'cause I figured you're gonna have to capture all of it?"

"Well, I'm not gonna take pictures of you getting dressed," Louis chuckled. "But maybe I could take some of you making breakfast while wearing pyjamas at first?"

"Sounds good to me," Harry said. They entered the kitchen. "Have you eaten yet?"

"A bagel," Louis said.

"Want some waffles?" Harry asked, rummaging through one of their drawers. It looked like the kitchen was now fully furnished. "I was planning on baking some."

"Sure," Louis grinned, turning on his camera. "You just get to work, and I will photograph you. God, that sounded creepy if you didn't know the context."

Harry chuckled, blushing slightly. "Right." He had found all the ingredients for making waffles and placed them on the table. "Let's do this."

Louis observed as Harry began cooking. He had put his hair up in a small bun, his lips pursed as he poured the different ingredients into the bowl. Louis brought the camera up to his eyes, snapping a couple of shots right after each other of Harry that cracked an egg.

Two of them turned out good.

As Harry began pouring the waffle dough onto the waffle maker, he also began humming a song. Every now and then a few lyrics would escape his lips.

"What song is that?" Louis asked, taking another photo of Harry.

"What? Oh. It was Home by Phillip Phillips."

Louis pursed his lips. "Interesting name."

Harry shrugged, smiling. "I guess it is. And... the first waffles are finished!" He opened the lid of the waffle maker, gesturing excitedly to his creation.

"Smells delicious," Louis said.

"Thanks." Harry flipped the waffle onto a plate, filling new dough in the maker. He pushed the plate to Louis. "Take a fork from the drawer and taste. It's that drawer." He pointed to the one next to Louis' leg—he was sitting on the counter.

"Yes, sir." Louis opened the drawer, pulling out a fork. With it, he took a bite of the waffle, using the edges as a knife—very creative. As the piece touched his tongue, he was close to letting out a small moan. Niall hadn't been lying when he said Harry was the best cook he knew.

Harry raised an eyebrow at him, smirking. "I take it you like it?"

"Yes," said Louis. "Can I eat more?"

Harry chuckled. "Of course you can. Just eat that one, it's yours."

"Thank you," Louis grinned, taking another bite. "Jesus Christ, Harry. That's... God."