OS - 2

This story is after the incident when Abhimanyu ignores Roohi for Abhir on a picnic.

*****************************

Aarohi sat on the bed, brushing the tears away from her six-year-old daughter's eyes and saying sweet things in her ears. As time passed, the tears continued to flow, making Aarohi's heart bleed. She couldn't see her Roohi like this crying mess. Who was a happy child before today? Her world revolves around Poppy and Matashri.

A family picnic that she thought would bring happiness to her daughter only brought negativity, which she hadn't allowed to enter her life to date. Can she sit beside her crying child and console her about everything being fine, which is not true at all? No, she can't do it. She should take matters into her own hands. She needed to protect her child.

Because of that, can she demand Abhimanyu and others not to neglect Roohi and to do things according to her and her daughter? She knows that is not a permanent solution; even if she demands it, they are going to look after Roohi for a few days. If today's incident occurs again when they neglect her daughter, is Roohi going to cry her heart out for them forever? She can't let that happen. Aarohi goes into deep thought about what to do and how to make her daughter strong enough to take a stand herself.

Suddenly, she takes crying Roohi in her arms to a place that gives her strength, which she has hidden from everyone. After years, this is the first time she has been going with her daughter.

Roohi: Matashri, where are we? Why did we come here?

Aarohi: Roohi, this is going to be Matashri and Roohi's secret. I will tell you soon.

A hilltop, from where the entire night view of Udaipur is seen. The silence surrounded them. Roohi's eyes sparkled seeing so many lights from the top. As the cold air passes them, Aarohi spreads a blanket on the ground, sits on it, and makes Roohi sleep on her lap.

 As the cold air passes them, Aarohi spreads a blanket on the ground, sits on it, and makes Roohi sleep on her lap

Aarohi starts to brush Roohi's baby hair while saying, Roohi beta, today I am going to say a few things. It is not about anything or anyone. It's about Roohi, who matters the most. Which you need to remember even if I'm not standing with you in the future.

Beta, you know, childhood is a precious bridge from the past to the future. Based on the past steps (actions), the future will be built. Like when you were happy or sad in the past, you will be the same while remembering those moments. That happiness and sadness are the passing clouds that go and come. But, Roohi, the most dangerous feeling is regret, which will not allow us to be happy and which we can't change even if we want to.

Roohi: Matashree What is regret? with a confused face towards her mother's words, which were new to a six-year-old child. But Aarohi now knows that it is important for her daughter to become emotionally strong.

Aarohi: Roohi, for example, if today you do things or say words that are going to hurt others or yourself, if you, by chance, in the future, think about those actions or words, you shouldn't have done things like that. It is called regret. In the future, you can't change what you did today. Remember that, okay?

Roohi: hurting others or yourself. No, Matashri, Roohi is good; she will not hurt anyone.

Aarohi: Beta, sometimes the matter will not be in our hands. Even if you hurt others, if you realize the mistake and say sorry to them, until you compensate for your mistake, it's okay. But hurting yourself is never forgiven. Now, tell me why you are crying this evening while rubbing Roohi's eyes, which still have some tears left.

Roohi: Matashri, today Poppy ignored me for Abhir the whole day. I couldn't bear it. Roohi loves Poppy, and Poppy loves Roohi Naa, so why did he do that? Why is he giving my place to Abhir?

Aarohi: Roohi, in your life, whose happiness is most important for you?

Roohi: Yours and Poppy's, she says while hugging Aarohi.

Aarohi: No beta. It should be yours; it's your life. Remember your life should not depend on other's happiness. You can share your happiness with them, your happiness is in your own hands. But it should not become the reason for other sorrows.

In your life, you should be the top priority. If you are not happy with me, Poppy, or any other person, try to make them understand your views and thoughts. Then, too, if the situation does not change, let it go. But you shouldn't hurt yourself because of things which are not in your hands.

Promise me, Roohi, you will not hurt yourself today or in the future.

Promise me, that you will fight with every negative emotion.

Promise me, you won't let this innocence go, even if I and Poppy are not present in your life.

Promise me that you will give everything to a relationship until it affects you emotionally and physically.

Promise me that you will stand up for yourself, even against your loved ones, if the matter relates to your self-respect.

Roohi does not understand most of the words said by Aarohi. But she trusts her Matashri to an extent. She listened to every word carefully. The words were imprinted on little Roohi's heart without knowing their meaning. But she will follow all of them in the future.

THE PATH AAROHI CREATED FOR HER ROOHI TO BE AAROHI KI STRONG ROOHI

Roohi: Matashri I will promise, but you have to be with me all my life.

Aarohi: Okay, my ma, where will I go after leaving you? You know I will tell you a secret: this is my favorite place in all of Udaipur.

Roohi: Why, Matashri, she forgets her sadness by being curious about her Matashri words.

Aarohi: In this place, I used to be myself. No relations, no duty, no studies, no friends. Nothing. It used to be only about me. I used to come here frequently to think about my life. Am I proud of myself or not? Am I content in life or not? Sometimes I spent time in silence, enjoying my own company.

Roohi: Wow, Matashri. I will also come here when I become big; until then, till that time, you have to bring me here.

Aarohi: Okay, okay. Come, we have to leave; it's late.

Roohi: Can we stay for some more time?

Aarohi: It's late Beta. Seeing Roohi's hopeful face. Okay, let's go on a late-night ice cream date.

Roohi, with excitement: Date?

Aarohi: Yeah, only Roohi and Matashri's date. Come, I will show you how a princess is treated during a date. saying she takes Roohi in her arms towards the car. Roohi laughs in happiness.

The night sky witnessed the mother and daughter, who came with sad faces and left with happiness which they own themselves. This bond and trust can't be sabotaged by anyone.