Autumn

Aki turned her gaze towards the open casement, and there, in a whimsical dance, the leaves were gracefully descending from their branches. A gentle smile tugged at the corners of her lips as a rush of memories flooded her mind.

Autumn had arrived once again. . .

She thought.

She closed her eyes then got up from her chair, she stretched her body in front of her wide window, and a bitter smile appeared on her lips. She opened her window, and of course, it took her a few minutes to open this goddamn thing. She breath heavily when she finally did it.

Then again, the scenery of fall took all of her attention. She stared at it, enchanted ; captivated by the beauty of fall. Autumn, with its vibrant colors and falling leaves, serves as her gentle reminder of the sweet moments they shared, even the simplest ones.

She smelled the woody and crisp scent in the air as she breathed. She thought of him. . . Again.

_____________________________________

Aki's POV: 

"Why Autumn? " I glanced at him when I heard him talk, then I saw him already staring at me with those emerald eyes. I smiled.

"What do you mean 'Why Autumn'? " I asked him as I caressed his long fingers.

I glance at the surroundings; muted grey walls, a spacious TV screen, a generously sized walk-in closet, and a drawer next to the king-size bed. Above the drawer, a cherished picture of us reminds me of the memories we've shared. This is his condo, conveniently located near our university, which is the well known Harvard University, and actually my own room is just above his but we are so tired so we just decided to go here instead.

I took a psychology course there in Harvard, while he took Neuroscience. We met there around the hallways, I don't know how he got there when obviously his building is so far from mine. He is a gorgeous guy with his green eyes, jet black hair, and big body so no wonder why he is kind of popular in the University. He is known for his kindness and of course, his intelligence. At first I just ignore him because I usually heard a rumor about him being so flirty and I want to avoid rumors so yeah! Ignoring him is a great decision. . . Just for a while.

Then we met again at a bar. I was celebrating there alone for the successful start of my research ( yeah it's still not finished yet, but hey! At Least I already started it. ). And then he came out of nowhere then started talking to me like he is some close friend of mine back in my elementary days.

My train of thoughts stopped when I heard his soft chuckle. I glanced at him again then answered his questions.

"I love the scent it gives. The earthly, crisp, and aromatic scent. I also love the colors of Autumn. And also the meaning of it. I've searched it in Google! And it says that Autumn in life symbolizes death, ending. For me it is the reminder that everything in your life is just temporary, so make it meaningful, make it more fun! And it is also a reminder of my Mom in heaven. "  I smiled gently as the memories with my Mom pass by like a river. I raised my head to see his reaction then saw him looking at me with his amused green eyes.

"How about you? What's your favorite season? " I ask him. I hear him laugh softly.

"Autumn too. "

"Care to share why? "

"Because it reminds me of the first time I saw you at a park. It reminds me of your hazel eyes, it reminds me of your hair, and it reminds me of you. " his breath tickles my ear when he whispers the last words. But something caught my attention. I suddenly got up, hands resting in his naked upper body.