“Tell me about yourself," I request.  “What would you like to know?”  “Is Yaris your real name?”  “Yes.”  “Why are you so interested in me?  I really don't understand what is going on.  Why were you angry about me swimming alone?”  He held up his hand, “Whoa stop.  You are my destiny.  You are not to be left alone for safety.  At least one of them should have gone to the pool with you.”  “So, you aren't angry at me?”  “No, I am not.”

“Is there anything that you would like to know about me?” I asked.  “What is your favorite animal?  As a pet?”  “You mean, do I like dogs or cats?”  “Yes.”  “I love dogs.”  He smiled, “Me too.”

“What else would you like to know?”  “How come you do not have a boyfriend?  How come you never have?”  How did he know that I never have.  “I just haven't met the right person.  When I do, if he'll have me, I’ll have a boyfriend.”  “Oh, he will have you.”  “You seem so sure.”  “Because I am sure.”  “About yourself?”  “Yes.  Actually about any man.  They are all just waiting for you.”  What an odd thing to say.  “What do you mean by they are all just waiting on me?  Are you waiting on me?  For what?”  “You will see.”  He left it at that.

“We really need to put your Skin on,” he changed the subject, excited.  That must be what they call that underwear thing.  “I will help you with your toes.  It is kind of tricky.”  He moved to where he was sitting cross-legged, by my feet, at the foot of the bed.  Well closer than the foot of the bed.  I am kind of short compared to him and this bed is huge.  “You put it on like stockings.  It will form fit to you,” he explained as he worked.

“It looks so small.  There is no way that that little thing is going to fit me.”  “Just wait and see.  It stretches.”  I watched as he put each of my toes in their corresponding slot.  It was very taxing holding back the laughter.  I am so ticklish.  He started touching the bottom of my right foot and I couldn't hold it in any longer.  I burst out laughing and kicked him trying to get away.  He gave me a look of bewilderment.  “Sorry!  I couldn't help it.  I'm ticklish there.”   I gave him my foot back.  “You have a beautiful smile.”  “So do you.”  He pulled that leg of the skin up to my right knee.  He then did the same with my left leg, trying not to tickle me, but it was a loosing battle.  I laughed and jerked my leg, but managed to avoid kicking him this time.  He pulled tiny zippers up to my knees.

“I will turn my back if you want to do this yourself.  That way I am here if you need help.  I will help you with your fingers and the mask when you are ready.”  He turned to face away from me.  I worked it up to my thighs and secured the zippers.  I cringed.  Time to take the robe off.  I turned my back to him and threw the robe onto the bed.  The skin was open in the front and closed in the back, so I pulled it up over my butt then up my back.  I stretched the left side up and put my arm into the opening for the sleeve.  It was a really tight fit.  He will have to do the fingers.  The finger sleeves are all weird.  I held the robe up in front of me.  “Can you go ahead and fix these fingers?”  “Ofcourse,” he hurried to my side.  I watched as he slid a sleeve on each finger.  He made it look so easy.  He was faster with the fingers than the toes.  “Ok.  Done.”  He turned his back to me again.  I put the robe down and stretched the other side up putting my right arm in the opening for the sleeve.  I tried doing the fingers myself, but it seemed impossible.  I picked up the robe.  “Okay, I’m ready for you to fix my other fingers now.”  He turned around and fixed my fingers, then turned away again.  There was a flap of fabric hanging down in the front.  I pulled it up, then pulled up a leg zipper on each side all of the way to my neck.  The zippers seemed to disappear,  as if they were never there.  I looked nude so I put the robe back on.

“Okay, I'm done,” I announced.  “Not quite,”  he pulled my hair out of the towel and put it inside the attached hood.  “Don't I need to brush my hair first?”  “No.”  He pulled the hood onto my head and over my face like a ski mask.  “Am I going to be able to breathe?”  “Yes.  Just wait.”  “Is there a zipper to secure the mask?”  “No, it will weave it's way shut.”  Huh?  What does that mean?  I walked over to the mirror.  It just looked like my skin.  That must be why they call it Skin.  Then my hair started coming out of it, a few strands at a time.  It looked like I was growing hair.  I just stared, dumbstruck.  “The hair takes a little while but it will all come through,” he reassured me.  “It is applied correctly if you can not see it.”  “Will my hair be the same?”  “Yes.  You will be the same.  Think of it as body armor.”

I felt funny.  I could tell something was covering me, but I couldn't see it anymore.  It felt like a light clothe.  Like I had a second layer of skin.  I felt of my arm.  It didn't feel any different to the touch.

“Could you turn away again?”  He turned to face the wall.  I turned my attention back to the mirror and opened the robe up.  Just what I thought.  My breasts looked fuller and my hips looked curvier.  I look taller.  I closed my robe.  “Did it make me taller?”  “It may have made you taller.”  “isn't that going to make it harder for me to walk?”  “It should not.  The skin will adjust for you, for balance and coordination.”

“You said that you wear one of these too.  How much did you grow when you put it on?”  “I do not know.  It was a long, long time ago when I first put it on.”  “How long?” I closed the robe and turned to look at him.  “A very long time,” he evaded the question.  “How old are you now?” I asked.  “Older than you,” he evaded again.  “Why won't you tell me?”  “It is not important right now.”  I decided to shelve this conversation for a later date.  He wasn't going to give tonight.