𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

chapter threesecret expedition

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

chapter three
secret expedition

      WITH A BOUQUET OF FLOWERS in his hand, Jaime stood in front of the one building he tends to avoidthe Taylor Tower. It's been a long time since he's been here. He's here for one reason only: to apologize to his girlfriend. His apology is long overdue (it's only been a few days since they last talked). All he knows is that this apology has to be done in person. Jaime knew exactly where to find her too.

    When he arrived, he was told by the receptionist that Indira wasn't in the building at the moment. Jaime didn't have a choice but to sit patiently in the lobby. He can admit. Maybe he overreacted just a little bit the other day. His recent behavior may not show it, but he's happy that they are back home during their summer break. Things just haven't been going the way he expected them to.

Further in the Taylor Tower, Megan Taylor wanted to ensure that the deliveries were correct. She's not in charge of this particular task but she chose to take over from the person that was hired. She wanted everything to go exactly how she envisioned it. The event planner was in attendance as well, going over her idea for the charity event that the Taylor's will be hosting within the next couple of weeks.

Once Megan was satisfied, she informed everyone that she had to leave, mainly because she has a meeting in the next thirty minutes. On her way to leave the Taylor Tower, she greeted a few of the individuals that she saw. In a corner, she spotted someone that looked quite familiar. It was a young man, busily typing away on his phone. As she drew near the person, her brain instantly recognized who it was.

"Jaime! What a surprise!" Megan's eyes dart to the flowers in his hand. She didn't even have to question who they were for.

Jaime was undoubtedly surprised himself. Of course, he knew it was a possibility that he was going to run into one of the Taylor's today. Plastering a fake smile on his face, he shoved his phone away, safely in his pocket. "Hi, Mrs. Taylor. It's so nice to see you." He wasn't being truthful, whatsoever, but he had to be polite based on the circumstances. This is the mother of his girlfriend.

"I'm guessing that you're here for Indira?"

Jaime answers her question with a "Yes", and then Megan declares, "She's not here. I believe she went out for lunch." Before Jaime is able to utter a response, Megan speaks again. "I'm honestly stunned that you're still with my daughter. It's been, what, two years?" What Megan wanted to say was, 'I can't believe my daughter hasn't dumped your ass yet'.

Jaime couldn't help but notice how her math was completely off. "Actually, it's been almost five years."

       "Yeah, that's what I said." Megan fans him off. She hates being corrected. "Look, all I'm saying is that you two were always...different. It's a miracle that you've both found a way to make it work." She's never been a huge supporter of her daughter's relationship. There is no denying that. But there isn't much she can do, since Indira is in her 20s. Megan hoped with everything in her that their relationship would've failed, based on the different locations of their universities. That would've been the ideal opportunity for them to call it quits.

𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓  ✶ Jaime Reyesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें