It was Carlisle who broke the tense silence, stepping forward and speaking at a normal level, knowing he didn't have to shout as they all had enhanced hearing. "Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner."

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us," he replied, eyeing the wolves uneasily. He knew Caius in particular was enraged by their alliance. Nor did he like how Valeria was clinging to one of them, as she could easily be one of the most powerful vampires in existence.

"I can promise you that was never my intent. No laws have been broken," Carlisle insisted.

"We see the child. Do not treat us as fools!" Caius snapped, his eyes on Renesmee, who was clinging to Bella.

"She is not an lmmortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifice!" Caius shouted, making Valeria frown. What? Did he think they smeared blush on her skin and thought that it would be enough to fool them?

Aro raised his hand to silence his brother. "I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved."

Edward looked uneasily toward Bella before leaving their sides. He walked with purpose toward Aro, who eagerly took Edward's hand, using his powers to read all of his thoughts. When he was done looking through Edward's mind, Aro's eyes fell on Renesmee excitedly. "I'd like to meet her."

Edward stiffly turned and looked at them, nodding his head. Bella, Renesmee, and Jacob made their way over, and after Bella looked at Emmett, he accompanied them, which made Rosalie worry.

"Ah. Young Bella. Immortality becomes you," Aro complimented. Then he looked to Nessie and let out a mix between a laugh and a shriek, taking in her odd features and characteristics. "I hear her strange heart."

Aro then held out his hand, and Nessie walked closer. But she wasn't going to let him have her hand. "Hello, Aro," she said in a soft tone. She surprised him by ignoring his hand and placing her small one on his cheek, using her powers to show him all of her memories. It was clear the ancient vampire was transfixed by what he saw.

"Magnifico!" he exclaimed before facing his coven. "Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human."

"Impossible!" Caius snapped angrily.

Aro looked at him sharply. "Do you think they fooled me, brother?" he asked challengingly, which silenced him.

Caius clenched his jaw angrily as the others then began walking back to the other side. "Bring the informer forward." Demetri and Felix shoved Irina to the front of the group, and it was clear things weren't going to end well for her. "Is that the child you saw?"

Irina glanced nervously at Renesmee. "I'm not sure."

"Jane."

Before she could use her power, Irina was speaking, her voice trembling. "She's changed. This child is bigger."

"Then your allegations were false," Caius accused.

"The Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake," Irina said with a frown. "I'm sorry." The guards were on her in an instant, her execution imminent.

"Caius, no!" Edward shouted helplessly as Caius tore Irina's head off and another set fire to her body.

"Irina!" Tanya screamed, both her and Kate running forward to attack Caius and the army.