𝟬𝟬. 𝗖&𝗔

RESTRICTED
AREA

DO NOT ENTER

AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY

" "AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY" my ass." I say sneaking through the glass doors, entering the huge corridor of the forbidden area.

My uncle, Daniel Castell, is a game designer and works at a mysterious company called C&A. He is also an information technology professional, but he has always loved the world of games, and eight months ago he finally managed to make his dream come true.

My daddy, Michael Castell, is the carbon copy of my grandfather, Alexander. White as snow, blonde hair, sharp jaw, tall and muscular. The only thing he inherited from my grandmother are his ice blue eyes. Daddy is the older and more responsible of his two brothers, but the three of them have always acted like rowdy teenagers. With playing and jokes filled with a dark humor that sometimes scares me, they are an inseparable group. They have always supported each other, whether in dreams, fears, financial difficulties; an example of family for me.

As the oldest, my daddy acts as a substitute leader when my grandfather is not around, which makes his two younger brothers seek his confirmation and praise, especially for their professional careers.

As the icing on the cake, I was also born as a carbon copy of my daddy. I'm literally the female version of him. We even have the same tastes and ideologies, which made me become very attached to him. He and my mommy are doctors from different areas at the city hospital, making them work practically all day, but even with all the work, mommy and especially daddy always make time for me, whether it's to train, play or just relax and watch Demon Slayer. The only thing I inherited from my mommy were my electric blue eyes. Yes, again, the same process. The family genetics really are strong.

My uncle is showing my daddy around the building, his office, the games he's working on, anything he can show him with permission from his boss. Today is Friday and it's my mommy's shift at the hospital, so I took advantage of the fact that there won't be classes at night at college and came along.

At a family dinner three weeks ago, Daddy commented that he had never heard of the company his brother works for before. Uncle Daniel and his wife were visibly tense but quickly recovered, saying that the company is new on the market and promised that he would take daddy on a tour. At the time, daddy and I exchanged a look - it was obvious that Daniel was tense because he was hiding something, but to not ruin the peaceful atmosphere, we left it aside.

But that doesn't mean we didn't do our own investigations.

We did some research on the internet and found news of people who worked or used C&A products before they disappeared without a trace. Daddy tried to video chat with Uncle about this, but he just bypassed the conversation with the excuse that these disappearances might be being carried out by some disgruntled ex-employee trying to blacken the company's name or some random kidnapper who coincidentally picked up people who used C&A products. He's not completely wrong, these are very relevant facts that could be real, but what made me and Daddy even more suspicious was Uncle's reaction to this conversation - he was euphoric, stressed and couldn't bear to look into daddy's eyes for a long time; Uncle Daniel was never good at lying, in fact he is terrible, even more so for daddy who is the most suspicious man I talk to.

When we received the invitation yesterday, daddy couldn't be more surprised. He thought his brother would take longer to invite him to his workplace. Uncle Daniel received us in a surprisingly calm and excited manner, probably to prove his dedication to his work and receive praise from his older brother. So while Daddy distracted Uncle, I walked away and looked for anything that might be suspicious to have made my Uncle blatantly lie to us.