The Vanishing Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Quick, Kyle. Now's our chance to move." I say as I geo-leaped the two of us out of the common room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the training room, I walked back in with Kyle where everyone was waiting. "Okay, I'm here. Are you happy now?" I say.

"Yes. But there's still one other person we're waiting for." Chase says.

"Who?" I say.

"I'm here. I'm here." Bob says, running into the room.

"Bob, you're late again," Chase says.

"Hey, it's not my fault I overslept. It's Bree's." Bob says.

"What? How is it my fault?" Bree says.

"You keep showin' up in my dreams," Bob says.

Mr. Davenport and Douglas walk into the room squealing like little girls. "What's up with youse? Someone ask you to prom?" Leo says.

"No. But thanks for opening up old wounds." Douglas says.

"After countless hours of research and development, Douglas and I have finally perfected the most amazing bionic operating system upgrade ever." Mr. Davenport says.

"Ugh, I woke up for this?" Bob says.

"Yeah, I could've just gone back to the mainland with Kyle," I say.

"This upgrade is gonna be like going from motor scooters to jet engines," Douglas says. "It'll make all of your abilities ten times more powerful."

"An upgrade, huh? Well, I'm not sure you can make my leg any more powerful, but go ahead; give it a go." Leo says, kicking his leg in the air.

"Sorry, Leo, the upgrade only works on people with bionic chips. Be grateful you have a bionic arm and a bionic leg. That's all you're getting." Mr. Davenport says. "Well, at least until your next horrific accident."

Mr. Davenport, Douglas, and Leo laugh until the two brothers receive a glare from Leo. "Mr. Davenport, are you sure that this new upgrade is safe? I mean, some of our students haven't even mastered their bionics at the current level." Chase says.

"Yeah, Mr. Davenport, I know you wanna give us like, the coolest thing ever, but do you have to?" Bree says in a mocking voice.

"Don't worry. I built in a skill app that allows the students to master their amped-up abilities instantly." Mr. Davenport says.

"Bottom line, this upgrade is the best thing that Donny and I have ever created together. I am so proud of you." Douglas says.

"No, I'm proud of you." Mr. Davenport says.

"I'm proud of you."

"Hey, hey. You know what'll make us all proud? If you two go back to hating each other." I say.

"Stop, Bree. You're embarrassing yourself. Oh, sweet girl, you don't have to beg. I'll allow you to kiss me." Bob says with his eyes closed, puckering his lips.

"Okay, I'll wake him up," Adam says.

"Nope. I got this." Bree says. She super speeds out of the room and comes back with a training dummy. Bree puts it in front of Bob and he starts kissing it.

"Hm. They actually make a cute couple." Adam says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"How's it going with the upgrade?" Mr. Davenport says as we wait for our chips to be upgraded in the training room.