Chapter 2: Little Arguments, Tiny Ink Blob

Start from the beginning

"No problem, I'll be sure that task is finished and nothing goes nuts. What could go wrong anyway?" I said as I headed to the trunk of the car and got the tanks. Sophia helped me with them as she took a few to the analysis room that had all of our tools needed to examine what we found from each case. I took both the briefcase holding my notes and the typewriter we collected as I followed Sophia to the human sized elevator on the headlights side of the room. 

We joined Don as Phil turned the car off and turned the platform button on to change the direction of the car. As we started the elevator, the strange ink blob from in our trunk started to crawl out as none of us were paying attention. The doors to the elevator were starting to close as the ink blob was nearing us. Unfortunately, it made it through the thick cracks as it got inside the elevator waiting for us to move. Soon the elevator shifted upwards towards the next 10 floors as we got to the main lobby of our base. 

Phil got out as he was more of a physical man and decided to head up to his office using the stairs since it was more healthier for him. But as he stepped out, he felt something icky on his shoe making him to lift his foot harder off the floor than usual.

"Woah, since when was this elevator floor been clean?" Phil asked.

"Um, I believe it was clean a few days ago? We needed to handle all of our lunch from the Chinese restaurant which was so good. Sophia spoke. 

Phil groaned again. "Seriously, we need to clean this up after analysis. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be heading up to my office where it's nice and cozy so I can look for any updates for new cases to work on." He said as he left the room with a small inky substance coming off of his shoe.

 The elevator then closed the doors as we continued going up, leading into the training room, where we practice our thinking skills with puzzles, deduction boards, and even physical combat with martial arts, ju-jitzu, and even kung fu. Don then proceeded into the dojo as he decided to clear his mind with fighting without his powers.

"Hey Don, are you sure you want to train? I thought you needed to take a break from all of this." I wisely spoke to Don.

"I'm fine Cody, I just need to take a breather and practice a bit to clear my mind, you know it's not just art and building I do for break time." He said as he took a deep breath and let it out.

"I would listen to Cody's advice. You have been drained a bit ever since Rockall's ink disaster." Sophia mentioned to Don.

"Guys, relax, I'll be fine. Like I said, just got to chill my mind with training for about an hour and I'll be painting or building." He spoke back as he got ready for hand to hand combat with a training dummy. 

The two of us remaining in the elevator took a deep breath as we continued our ascend in the elevator until we got to the lab a few floors higher. The lab was filled with many microscopes, test tubes, machine items, and countless books of interesting research that relate to the materials. Sophia brought the tanks of ink to the analysis table as I placed the typewriter on a separate table. 

The ink blob was still underneath my shoe as I didn't realize it was following us.

Both Sophia and I worked on the examining of both objects and found a strange residue of an ancient dark force at work. Crazy how this ink was infecting people, turning their corpses into ink monsters and bringing things to life with the same ink. Even corrupting normal drawings. All because of fame and attention. 

After a couple of hours of work, the two of us got really tired as we decided we put both objects into a containment unit for safe keeping. 

We went down to the collection chamber, a room dedicated to each case we ever solved that held an object of significance that helped us crack the mysteries which puzzled our curiosities.