Chapter 29

Slowly, Malou came back to her senses. Her eyes fluttered open, but she instantly shut them again, when a dizzy feeling washed over her. Groaning, the girl reached her hand up to her pounding head. The events from earlier rushed through her head like a movie and she quickly sat up with wide eyes. Where was she? She looked around, but didn't recognize the room she was in. There were no windows, so Malou was sure, that she was on Wards boat. Scanning the room carefully, her eyes suddenly caught a familiar figure. Blonde hair was covering the girls face as she slept peacefully, but Malou recognized her anyway.

"Sarah!", she exclaimed and jumped off the couch with wobbly knees. Malou walked over to the girl and knelt down next to her to shake her shoulder carefully.

"Sarah? Hey, wake up.", Malou said softly and pulled her hand back, when Sarah slowly started to wake up. Malou gave her a moment to come back to her senses and just stared at her silently.

"Hey, it's me. Malou. Are you ok? Did they hurt you?", Malou asked, after Sarah had slowly sat up and looked around the room with a confused and freaked out expression.

"No, I – Rose just drugged me.", Sarah explained quietly and rubbed her face and forehead with her hands, probably feeling the exact same headache that Malou had.

"Bet. Not gonna lie though, was the best sleep I had in months.", Malou responded and casually shrugged her shoulders with a calm expression on her face. Sarah looked at her and cracked a light smile as she shook her head.

"What happened? I thought you were with Kie and JJ.", Malou asked and crawled back a little to rest her back against the sofa she had lay on earlier. A little wobbly, Sarah stood up. She looked down on Malou and breathed in deeply, probably to overcome the dizziness.

"I was. JJ and me went to Tanny Hill right after getting your texts. Rafe got me though.", Sarah coldly told the short version of the story and then walked up to the only door of the room. She pulled and pushed on it aggressively, but it was locked.

"Disappointed, but not surprised.", Malou mumbled and rested her head back against the sofa with closed eyes.

"Rose! Let me out! Rose!", Sarah suddenly yelled and started to hit her hands against the door. With raised eyebrows, Malou cracked her eyes open a little to look at the blonde girl. Well, that temper was new to her.

"Save your strength.", Malou eventually said calmly, after she had listened to Sarah shouting and hitting the door for a good few minutes. Sarah exhaled deeply and let her hands fall back to her sides. Malou closed her eyes again, but heard Sarahs footsteps approaching her. With a sigh, Sarah let herself fall next to Malou.

"Do you really think my dad is alive?" Opening her eyes again, Malou turned her head to look at the girl. Sarah stared ahead though. She had her knees pulled up to her chest and her arms wrapped around them tightly.

"I heard Rose and Rafe talk about it, so yeah, I think so. I'm sorry about that. I mean – not, that he's alive, it must be a relief for you, but you know – that you have to go through all these lies again.", Malou said honestly and suddenly caught Sarahs gaze, when the blonde girl turned her head to face Malou.

"Well, I'm sorry that my psycho family kidnapped you." Malou cracked a small smile again, before shrugging her shoulders.

"At least I'm in good company.", she responded and nudged Sarahs side with her elbow gently, seeing Sarah smirk a little.

"There are probably a thousand other people you'd rather want to be locked in with.", Sarah said jokingly and Malou chuckled quietly.

"To be honest, I'm glad it's you. I wouldn't survive being locked in a room with any other of the pogues. John B and I would eventually fight over who's going to eat who. Pope would make me go insane and Kie and I would definitely kill each other.", Malou joked and heard Sarah laugh lightly. With raised eyebrows, Sarah nudged Malous arm a little.