She shook her head.

I was too confused, but coldness crept into my bones and I couldn't let Ryann remain in this vulnerable state. Without asking any more questions, I guided her to my car to keep her warm.

"Ryann, please don't misunderstand this situation. I think we have to talk privately, so I brought you here," I said.

She looked up at me, her eyes still watery and red. There was a brief silence before she spoke up.

"I don't mind, Ran." Pausing for a moment, she continued, "Actually, I wanted to talk to you. That's why I came back. I...I panicked when I saw you looking in my direction earlier during the game, so I hid in the restroom. I thought you would just go back to the game, but you went out of your way to search for me. I felt guilty, so I showed myself to you," she replied.

"So, where were you all this time?" I asked.

"You don't have to know," she answered.

"Ryann, can't you just be open with me? It feels like we're always going in circles," I responded.

She took a deep breath and said, "I'm really sorry. Ran, I'm grateful you came into my life. You've torn down my walls and you've shown me the good in everything, that's there's still beauty to appreciate, and a life to experience. You've inspired me to do things that I never thought I would even do and to find a passion that I never knew existed. But Ran...." she paused for a moment, "There are things that are meant to be and things that aren't supposed to stay the same forever. Allow me to be a passing lesson in your life. Let me be that someone who opened your eyes to something new. Let me be that stepping stone that led you to greater things."

Her voice cracked as she continued, "Ran, please let me go."

Ryann's words spun in my head, but I struggled to fully comprehend them. In truth, I was resisting understanding what she meant.

"Why do you keep being so mysterious, Ryann? I thought you had let your guard down with me, but I was mistaken. Your reservations have always remained high. You have never truly accepted me, Ryann," I replied, my voice filled with hurt. "I don't blame you, as it's your choice. But, Ryann, if you're rejecting me now, can't I at least know the reason?"

She looked at me with intense eyes. "Things are not as they seem. Let's just accept that we are not meant to be together, Ran. Please live your life to the fullest and cherish what you have right now," she replied.

I jolted at her remarks. "Enjoy? Live to the fullest? Are you joking, Ryann? What if I told you that you are an essential part of my life and that being with you allows me to truly live to the fullest? What would you do then?" I retorted, my voice trembling with emotion.

"No, I'm not joking. Ran, I was never the one who could make you live life to the fullest. I would only hold you back," she replied.

"Ryann, why do you keep saying that? For heaven's sake, can't you stop saying it?" I said, frustration evident in my voice.

She seemed taken aback by my reaction.

"I'm sorry, it's just a rush of emotions. But Ryann, why are you so hard on yourself? I've always told you that I am here for you, yet you continue to push me away," I continued.

She remained silent, her head down.

"Ryann, please. Don't keep everything to yourself," I pleaded.

"Ran, this is precisely why I don't want you around me. I don't want to burden you. Remember earlier, when you almost lost your game because I distracted you? That's one of the reasons why I said I would only drag you down. Ran, I have so much on my plate that it's best for you not to be involved," Ryann explained.