Chapter Four - Louis

Start from the beginning

"Well, you started it," Louis grinned. "I just jumped on the train."

Liam rolled his eyes fondly, picking up the apple. "When are we to be at Harry's place?"

"Three hours," Louis said. "That's when Niall's shift ends."

"Great," Liam said. "You mentioned you wanted to go on a run. Wanna run together?"

Louis groaned, looking out at the window. The sky was grey. "Do I have to?"

"No."

"Fine, if you insist, I will join you."

Liam beamed. "Thanks, Lou."

* * *

"Do I look alright?" asked Louis, gesturing down himself. They were standing outside Harry's building, the rain drizzling down. He was wearing jeans and a white hoodie, his denmin jacket over.

"Bit too late to change it now, innit?" Zayn said. "But yes, you do. Now fucking ask if we can come inside. I'm freezing."

Louis rolled his eyes. "Thanks, Zaynie." He stepped up to the, finding Harry and Niall's apartment on the buzzer list. He found it and pressed down.

Static sounded, but then, "Hello?"

"Hi, Harry," Louis spoke as he held the button down. His stomach fluttered. "It's us."

"I see," came Harry's voice, teasingly. "That clarifies it. Come on in."

The door buzzed, and when Louis grabbed it opened. They went inside, walking up the stairs to Harry and Niall's floor. It was Zayn who knocked, and once it was opened by Harry, Louis couldn't stifle the smile that spread on his face. Harry's eyes immediately sought out Louis', his own grin forming. Harry was wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a green sweater. His hair was damp as if he had just showered. Slight stubble covered his chin.

"Hey," he said. It came out almost breathless.

"Hello to you too," Zayn said. He looked like someone who was trying hard to hold in his laughter.

"Oh." Harry shifted his gaze to the two others. "Hi. Come in." He stepped aside, making space for them to step through the door.

They stepped inside, Louis walking through lastly. His shoulder brushed against Harry's in his passing.

Harry closed the door. "You can put your jackets and stuff here." He gestured to the wall next to the door. There were hooks on the wall.

"Thanks, mate," Zayn said, shrugging his coat off.

Louis took off his jacket, putting it on a hanger. He took his Vans off as well, putting them next to Zayn's.

"Niall will be here in twenty," Harry said, walking through the hallway. "Until then, can I offer you something to drink?"

They followed him into the kitchen, Louis letting his eyes trail over the place. There were tons of boxes standing everywhere, some open.

Harry's cheeks turned red when he noticed Louis' gaze. "We, um, we haven't gotten around to unpacking yet. Well, not that much. We still have to agree on how to do it and such, and—"

"It's lovely, Harry," Louis grinned.

"Yeah," agreed Liam. "It's a really nice apartment you've got here."

"Thanks," Harry said, his cheeks still red. "Now, I have beer and coffee, and I also think we have some soda." He went to open the fridge, peering inside. "Ah! Yes, we do."

"Coffee for me would be lovely," Liam said. "Louis and I just went on the most tiring run of our lives.. I need the energy"

Harry raised an eyebrow at Louis. "You run?"