Dead Time Darlings (one shot)

October 1st

Y/n was busily unpacking in her new room, she knew if there was one spot in her house she wanted settled as soon as possible it was her room.

She was focused on hanging up her clothes in the closet when she heard what she thought were footsteps in the hallway. She froze in her spot and looked towards the hallway.

She slowly walked towards the door and opened it to look in the hallway. As she poked her head into the hallway a few books she had just put on her dresser shelf flew to the floor.

“What the heck?” She said to herself softly.

October 3rd

“I’m telling you, it’s just getting weirder!” Y/N spoke into the phone as she wiped down her counters in the kitchen. “Maybe that’s why my aunt left me this house…it was her way of fucking with me one more time.”

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. “No, my aunt is not haunting me” she laughed lightly as she heard a shifting upstairs. “I’ll call you back” she hung up the phone quickly.

She grabbed a bat and slowly walked up the stairs. She cleared the house and took a deep breath.

“I know you’re messing with me, why?” She asked out loud, standing in the hallway.

She heard footsteps walk behind her and she slowly turned to see nothing. She felt a chill hit the back of her neck as she froze in her spot.

October 7th

“Alright” she said, emptying the contents of a plastic shopping bag onto the kitchen counter. “I know you’re here. For some reason, you want me to know you’re here, I’m going to make it real easy on you.”

She took the multiple packs of alphabet magnets and started opening them, putting all the letters on the fridge.

“We’ll start with an easy one” she said, throwing away the packaging. “Who are you?”

She watched the magnets on the fridge carefully before turning away.

“You take your time” she said out loud before going to the laundry room to grab her laundry.

She walked the laundry back through the kitchen before the magnets caught her eye. She put the laundry basket on the counter and walked to the fridge, never taking her eyes off of it.

She ran her fingers over the new word formed on the fridge as a smile broke out on her face.

“Nice to meet you Arthur.”

October 11th

Y/N yawned as she walked into the kitchen. She giggled a little when she read the fridge.

“Good morning to you too Arthur” she smiled.

After having a long, rough night, she turned to put on a pot of coffee. When she turned back around, another smile formed on her face.

“*Beautiful*” she read the word off the fridge. “Thank you Arthur, such a gentleman.”

October 12th

Y/N rubbed her eyes as she sat up in her bed. She checked her phone, reading the 3:04am across her screen and groaned to herself.

She pulled herself out of bed and expected the noise of someone walking around to stop. To her surprise, the sound didn’t stop but only got louder as she approached the room she had deemed her library.

She paused for a moment before pulling the door open. A man she had never seen before was pacing around in the room. She  gasped and grabbed for a lamp that hadn’t been set up yet to use as a weapon.